Environmental Contamination and House Values: A Study of Market Adjustment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jill J. McCluskey & Gordon C. Rausser, 2003. "Stigmatized Asset Value: Is It Temporary or Long-Term?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 276-285, May.
- Farber, Stephen, 1998. "Undesirable facilities and property values: a summary of empirical studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Greenberg, M & Hughes, J, 1992. "The Impact of Hazardous Waste Superfund Sites on the Value of Houses Sold in New Jersey," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 26(2), pages 147-153, June.
- Kiel Katherine A. & McClain Katherine T., 1995. "House Prices during Siting Decision Stages: The Case of an Incinerator from Rumor through Operation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 241-255, March.
- McCluskey, Jill J. & Rausser, Gordon C., 2003.
"Hazardous waste sites and housing appreciation rates,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 166-176, March.
- McCluskey, Jill & Rausser, Gordon C., 2000. "Hazardous waste sites and housing appreciation rates," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt0z9156qx, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Kiel Katherine A. & McClain Katherine T., 1995. "The Effect of an Incinerator Siting on Housing Appreciation Rates," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 311-323, May.
More about this item
Keywordshedonic models; environmental prices; housing; adjustment process;
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2006-08-26 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-08-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hcx:wpaper:0607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deholus.html .