Mapping Modes of Rural Labour Migration in China
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sylvie Démurger, 2012. "Mapping modes of rural labour migration in China," Post-Print halshs-00957560, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger, 2012. "Mapping Modes of Rural Labour Migration in China," Working Papers 1209, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Sylvie Démurger, 2012. "Mapping modes of rural labour migration in China," Post-Print halshs-00957628, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1995. "Income portfolios in rural Ethiopia and Tanzania: choices and constraints," CSAE Working Paper Series 1995-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Paul Winters & Alain de Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2001.
"Family and Community Networks in Mexico-U.S. Migration,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(1), pages 159-184.
- Winters, Paul C. & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1999. "Family And Community Networks In Mexico-U.S. Migration," Working Papers 12907, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Zhao, Yaohui, 1999. "Labor Migration and Earnings Differences: The Case of Rural China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(4), pages 767-782, July.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2011.
"Left-Behind Children and Return Decisions of Rural Migrants in China,"
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2015. "Left‐Behind Children and Return Decisions of Rural Migrants in China," Post-Print halshs-01159072, HAL.
- Démurger, Sylvie & Xu, Hui, 2013. "Left-Behind Children and Return Decisions of Rural Migrants in China," IZA Discussion Papers 7727, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2011. "Left-Behind Children and Return Decisions of Rural Migrants in China," Post-Print halshs-00686000, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2011. "Left-Behind Children and Return Decisions of Rural Migrants in China," Working Papers 1122, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2011. "Left‐Behind Children and Return Decisions of Rural Migrants in China," Post-Print halshs-00617039, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2011. "Left-Behind Children and Return Decisions of Rural Migrants in China," Post-Print halshs-00957597, HAL.
- Dennis Görlich & Christoph Trebesch, 2008.
"Seasonal Migration and Networks—Evidence on Moldova’s Labour Exodus,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(1), pages 107-133, April.
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2008. "Seasonal migration and networks-evidence on Moldova’s labour exodus," Munich Reprints in Economics 20444, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2008. "Seasonal migration and networks: Evidence on Moldova's labour exodus," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 4282, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Mullan, Katrina & Grosjean, Pauline & Kontoleon, Andreas, 2011.
"Land Tenure Arrangements and Rural-Urban Migration in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 123-133, January.
- Katrina Mullan & Pauline Grosjean & Andreas Kontoleon, 2008. "Land Tenure Arrangements and Rural-Urban Migration in China," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 37.2008, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2008.
- Zhu, Nong, 2002. "The impacts of income gaps on migration decisions in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 213-230.
- Yuyu Chen & Ginger Zhe Jin & Yang Yue, 2010. "Peer Migration in China," NBER Working Papers 15671, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Denise Hare, 1999. "'Push' versus 'pull' factors in migration outflows and returns: Determinants of migration status and spell duration among China's rural population," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 45-72.
- Yaohui Zhao, 2003. "The Role of Migrant Networks in Labor Migration: The Case of China," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(4), pages 500-511, October.
- repec:taf:jdevst:v:32:y:1996:i:6:p:850-875 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhong Zhao, 2005. "Migration, Labor Market Flexibility, and Wage Determination in China: A Review," Labor and Demography 0507009, EconWPA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yang, Kun & Jackson, Phil & Wei, Xianming & Chen, Xuekuan & Liu, Jiayong & Zhao, Jun & Wu, Caiwen & Fan, Yuanhong, 2017. "Selecting for multiple traits in complex production systems: A case study of sugarcane in China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 110-120.
More about this item
Keywordsrural-urban migration; destination; duration; migration networks; China;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-05-22 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2012-05-22 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-TRA-2012-05-22 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2012-05-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00695632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.