Carbon Prices during the EU ETS Phase II: Dynamics and Volume Analysis
The European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) is the largest emissions trading scheme to date. This article summarizes the principle elements behind the trading system, and details the carbon price dynamics during Phase II (2008-2012), along with an analysis of traded volumes. The main findings emphasize that the EU ETS is a rapidly growing market, which yields to innovative learning process for all participants involved: policy makers, industrial operators, and financial analysts. Besides, these results shed some light on the usefulness of credit project mechanisms, which may result in the medium-term in integrated ‘world' carbon markets between various regional and/or national ETS.
|Date of creation:||23 Feb 2010|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00459140|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4616 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberola, Emilie & Chevallier, Julien & Chèze, Benoît, 2009. "Emissions Compliances and Carbon Prices under the EU ETS: A Country Specific Analysis of Industrial Sectors," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 446-462, May.
- Chevallier, Julien, 2009. "Carbon futures and macroeconomic risk factors: A view from the EU ETS," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 614-625, July.
- Emilie Alberola & Julien Chevallier, 2009.
"European Carbon Prices and Banking Restrictions: Evidence from Phase I (2005-2007),"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 51-80.
- Emilie Alberola & Julien Pierre Chevallier, 2007. "European carbon prices and banking restrictions: evidence from phase I (2005-2007)," EconomiX Working Papers 2007-32, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Emilie Alberola & Julien Chevallier, 2009. "European Carbon Prices and Banking Restrictions: Evidence from Phase I (2005-2007)," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00649923, HAL.
- Alberola, Emilie & Chevallier, Julien & Cheze, Benoi^t, 2008. "Price drivers and structural breaks in European carbon prices 2005-2007," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 787-797, February.
- Julien Chevallier, 2010. "The European carbon market (2005-2007): banking, pricing and risk-hedging strategies," Working Papers halshs-00458787, HAL.
- Ellerman,A. Denny & Convery,Frank J. & de Perthuis,Christian, 2010. "Pricing Carbon," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521196475, October.
- Chevallier, Julien & Ielpo, Florian & Mercier, Ludovic, 2009. "Risk aversion and institutional information disclosure on the European carbon market: A case-study of the 2006 compliance event," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 15-28, January.
- Julien Chevallier, 2009. "Emissions Trading: What Makes It Work?," Working Papers halshs-00401725, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10174 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4221 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. Ellerman & Barbara Buchner, 2008. "Over-Allocation or Abatement? A Preliminary Analysis of the EU ETS Based on the 2005–06 Emissions Data," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 267-287, October.
- Julien Chevallier, 2010. "Price relationships in the EU emissions trading system," Working Papers halshs-00458728, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4224 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)