Subsidy Bidding Wars and the Structure of Multi-Plant Firms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lapointe, Simon & Morand, Pierre-Henri, 2019. "Subsidy Bidding Wars and the Structure of Multi-Plant Firms," Working Papers 115, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kristian Behrens & Pierre M. Picard, 2008. "Bidding for Horizontal Multinationals," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(6), pages 1244-1278, December.
- Chris Doyle & Sweder Wijnbergen, 1994.
"Taxation of foreign multinationals: A sequential bargaining approach to tax holidays,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 1(3), pages 211-225, October.
- Doyle, Christopher & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1984. "Taxation of Foreign Multinationals: A Sequential Bargaining Approach to Tax Holidays," CEPR Discussion Papers 25, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ben Ferrett & Ian Wooton, 2010.
"Tax competition and the international distribution of firm ownership: an invariance result,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 17(5), pages 518-531, October.
- Ferrett, Ben & Wooton, Ian, 2006. "Tax Competition and the International Distribution of Firm Ownership: An Invariance Result," CEPR Discussion Papers 5984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ekholm, Karolina & Forslid, Rikard, 2001.
" Trade and Location with Horizontal and Vertical Multi-region Firms,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(1), pages 101-118, March.
- Ekholm, Karolina & Forslid, Rikard, 1998. "Trade and Location with Horizontal and Vertical Multi-Region Firms," Working Paper Series 504, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Davies, Ronald B., 2005.
"State tax competition for foreign direct investment: a winnable war?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 498-512, December.
- Ronald B. Davies, 2000. "State Tax Competition for Foreign Direct Investment: A Winnable War?," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2000-4, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Jul 2002.
- Barros, Pedro P & Cabral, Luis, 2000. "Competing for Foreign Direct Investment," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 360-371, May.
- Ben Ferrett & Ian Wooton, 2013. "Fiscal Competition for FDI when Bidding is Costly," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 2202-2208.
- Bond, Eric W & Samuelson, Larry, 1986. "Tax Holidays as Signals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 820-826, September.
- Adams, Brian, 2016. "The employment impact of motor vehicle assembly plant openings," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 57-70.
- Kelly D. Edmiston, 2004. "Tax Uncertainty and Investment: A Cross-Country Empirical Examination," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(3), pages 425-440, July.
- Caroline Buts & Marc Jegers & Dimi Jottier, 2012. "The effect of subsidising firms on voting behaviour: Evidence from Fremish elections," European Journal of Government and Economics, Europa Grande, vol. 1(1), pages 30-43, June.
More about this item
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2019-02-11 (Industrial Competition)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-01989433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.