Tax competition and the international distribution of firm ownership: an invariance result
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ferrett, Ben & Wooton, Ian, 2006. "Tax Competition and the International Distribution of Firm Ownership: An Invariance Result," CEPR Discussion Papers 5984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fumagalli, Chiara, 2003. "On the welfare effects of competition for foreign direct investments," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 963-983, December.
- Haufler, Andreas & Wooton, Ian, 1999.
"Country size and tax competition for foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 121-139, January.
- Andreas Haufler & Ian Wooton, "undated". "Country Size and Tax Competition for Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 9702, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Haufler, Andreas & Wooton, Ian, 1999. "Country size and tax competition for foreign direct investment," Munich Reprints in Economics 20408, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Olsen, Trond E. & Osmundsen, Petter, 2003. "Spillovers and international competition for investments," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 211-238, January.
- Haaparanta, Pertti, 1996. "Competition for foreign direct investments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 141-153, December.
- Michael Keen, 1993. "The welfare economics of tax co-ordination in the European Community : a survey," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 15-36, February.
- Kozul-Wright, Richard & Rowthorn, Robert, 1998. "Spoilt for Choice? Multinational Corporations and the Geography of International Production," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 74-92, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- O. Amerighi & G. De Feo, 2009. "Is Competition for FDI Bad for Regional Welfare?," Working Papers 680, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Ma, Jie & Wooton, Ian, 2017. "Market Size, Product Differentiation and Bidding for New Varieties," CEPR Discussion Papers 11943, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ben Ferrett & Ian Wooton, 2013. "Fiscal Competition for FDI when Bidding is Costly," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 2202-2208.
- Ben Ferrett & Andreas Hoefele, 2015.
"On the efficiency of fiscal competition for FDI when incumbent firms are foreign-owned,"
AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 694-701.
- Andreas Hoefele & Ben Ferrett, 2014. "On The Efficiency Of Fiscal Competition For Fdi When Incumbent Firms Are Foreign-Owned," Centre for Firms in the Global Economy (CFGE) Discussion Papers 2014_01, School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University, revised May 2014.
- Sanjo, Yasuo, 2015. "The role of firm ownership in policy competition for foreign direct investment between asymmetric countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 110-121.
- Oscar Amerighi & Giuseppe De Feo, 2014.
"Competition for FDI and Profit Shifting: On the Effects of Subsidies and Tax Breaks,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 70(3), pages 374-404, September.
- Oscar Amerighi & Giuseppe De Feo, 2013. "Competiton for FDI and profit shifting: on the effects of subsidies and tax breaks," Working Papers 1326, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- De Feo, Giuseppe & Amergighi, Oscar, 2013. "Competition for FDI and profit shifting: On the effects of subsidies and tax breaks," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-105, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Oscar Amerighi & Giuseppe De Feo, 2013. "Competition for FDI and profit shifting: On the effects of subsidies and tax breaks," DEM Working Papers Series 056, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Hayato Kato, 2017. "Lobbying and Tax Competition in an Oligopolistic Industry: A Reverse Home Market Effect," Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2017-028, Institute for Economics Studies, Keio University.
- Ferdinand Mittermaier, 2009. "The Role of Firm Ownership in Tax Competition," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 65(3), pages 297-312, September.
- Mizuno, Nobuhiro, 2016.
"Political structure as a legacy of indirect colonial rule: Bargaining between national governments and rural elites in Africa,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 1023-1039.
- Mizuno, Nobuhiro, 2013. "Political Structure as a Legacy of Indirect Colonial Rule: Bargaining between National Governments and Rural Elites in Africa," MPRA Paper 48771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Taiji Furusawa & Kazumi Hori & Ian Wooton, 2015.
"A race beyond the bottom: the nature of bidding for a firm,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 22(3), pages 452-475, June.
- Taiji Furusawa & Kazumi Hori & Ian Wooton, 2010. "A Race beyond the Bottom: The Nature of Bidding for a Firm," CESifo Working Paper Series 3049, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsTax/subsidy competition; Foreign direct investment; International distribution of firm ownership; F12; F23; H25; H73;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H73 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Interjurisdictional Differentials and Their Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:17:y:2010:i:5:p:518-531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.