Oates' Decentralization Theorem with Household Mobility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Boadway, Robin & Tremblay, Jean-François, 2012. "Reassessment of the Tiebout model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(11), pages 1063-1078.
- Michael Hoel & Perry Shapiro, 2004. "Transboundary Environmental Problems with Mobile but Heterogeneous Populations," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(3), pages 265-272, March.
- Arzaghi, Mohammad & Henderson, J. Vernon, 2005. "Why countries are fiscally decentralizing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(7), pages 1157-1189, July.
- De Palma, Andre & Papageorgiou, Yorgos Y., 1988. "Heterogeneity in states and urban structure," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 37-56, February.
- Wellisch, Dietmar, 1994. "Interregional spillovers in the presence of perfect and imperfect household mobility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 167-184, October.
- David E. Wildasin, 2006.
"Global Competition for Mobile Resources: Implications for Equity, Efficiency and Political Economy,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 52(1), pages 61-110, March.
- David E. Wildasin, 2005. "Global Competition for Mobile Resources: Implications for Equity, Efficiency, and Political Economy," Working Papers 2005-08, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Wellisch, Dietmar, 1993. "On the decentralized provision of public goods with spillovers in the presence of household mobility," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 667-679, November.
- Bloch, Francis & Zenginobuz, E. Unal, 2006. "Tiebout equilibria in local public good economies with spillovers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1745-1763, September.
- Hoel, Michael, 2004. "Interregional interactions and population mobility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 419-433, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lisa Grazzini & Alessandro Petretto, 2017.
"Spillover Effects in a Federal Country with Vertical Tax Externalities,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 45(5), pages 701-720, September.
- Lisa Grazzini & Alessandro Petretto, 2015. "Spillover Effects in a Federal Country with Vertical Tax Externalities," Working Papers - Economics wp2015_08.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Lisa Grazzini & Alessandro Petretto, 2015. "Spillover Effects in a Federal Country with Vertical Tax Externalities," Working papers 23, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- Marco Alderighi & Christophe Feder, 2014. "Political competition, power allocation and welfare in unitary and federal systems," Working Paper series 23_14, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- repec:ekd:006356:6848 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsOates' decentralization theorem; Fiscal federalism; Household mobility; Spillovers; Tax competition;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIG-2012-01-25 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-PBE-2012-01-25 (Public Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2012-01-25 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
- NEP-URE-2012-01-25 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00657823. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .