Who pays for the consumption of young and old?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Carole Bonnet & Najat El Mekkaoui & Angela Greulich & Jérôme Hubert & Julien Navaux, 2018. "Who pays for the consumption of young and old ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01916552, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diamond, Peter, 1996. "Generational Accounts and Generational Balance: An Assessment," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 49(4), pages 597-607, December.
- Auerbach, Alan J & Gokhale, Jagadeesh & Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1992.
" Generational Accounting: A New Approach to Understanding the Effects of Fiscal Policy on Saving,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(2), pages 303-318.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1991. "Generational accounting: a new approach for understanding the effects of fiscal policy on saving," Working Papers (Old Series) 9107, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ronald D. Lee, 1994. "Population Age Structure, Intergenerational Transfer, and Wealth: A New Approach, with Applications to the United States," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(4), pages 1027-1063.
- Hippolyte d’ALBIS & Dalal MOOSA, 2015.
"Generational Economics and the National Transfer Accounts,"
JODE - Journal of Demographic Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 81(4), pages 409-441, December.
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Dalal Moosa, 2015. "Generational Economics and the National Transfer Accounts," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-01305151, HAL.
- d'Albis, Hippolyte & Moosa, Dalal, 2015. "Generational Economics and the National Transfer Accounts," MPRA Paper 67209, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elisenda Rentería & Rosario Scandurra & Guadalupe Souto & Concepció Patxot, 2016. "Intergenerational money and time transfers by gender in Spain: Who are the actual dependents?," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 34(24), pages 689-704, April.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- André Masson, 2002. "Méthodes et usages des comptes générationnels : un regard décalé," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 154(3), pages 1-24.
- Angela Luci & Olivier Thevenon, 2011.
"The impact of family policy packages on fertility trends in developed countries,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Angela Luci & Olivier Thevenon, 2011. "The impact of family policy packages on fertility trends in developed countries," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00660630, HAL.
- Angela Luci Greulich & Olivier Thévenon, 2013. "The impact of family policy packages on fertility trends in developed countries," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00880679, HAL.
- James M. Poterba, 1997.
"Demographic structure and the political economy of public education,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 48-66.
- James M. Poterba, 1996. "Demographic Structure and the Political Economy of Public Education," NBER Working Papers 5677, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- d’Albis, Hippolyte & Bonnet, Carole & Navaux, Julien & Pelletan, Jacques & Toubon, Hector & Wolff, François-Charles, 2015.
"The lifecycle deficit in France, 1979–2005,"
The Journal of the Economics of Ageing,
Elsevier, vol. 5(C), pages 79-85.
- D’Albis, H. & Bonnet, C. & Navaux, J. & Pelletan, J. & Toubon, H. & Wolff, F. C., 2013. "The lifecycle deficit in France, 1979‐2005," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1307, CEPREMAP.
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Carole Bonnet & Julien Navaux & Jacques Pelletan & Hector Toubon & François-Charles Wolff, 2015. "The lifecycle deficit in France, 1979–2005," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-01305731, HAL.
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Carole Bonnet & Julien Navaux & Jacques Pelletan & Hector Toubon & François-Charles Wolff, 2014. "The lifecycle deficit in France, 1979-2005," Working Papers hal-01065095, HAL.
- repec:prs:ecstat:estat_0336-1454_2017_num_491_1_10756 is not listed on IDEAS
- Poterba, James M, 1998. "Demographic Change, Intergenerational Linkages, and Public Education," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 315-320, May.
- repec:nse:ecosta:ecostat_2017_491-492_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:nse:ecosta:ecostat_2017_491-492_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tingyun Chen & Jean-Jacques Hallaert & Alexander Pitt & Haonan Qu & Maximilien Queyranne & Alaina Rhee & Anna Shabunina & Jérôme Vandenbussche & Irene Yackovlev, 2018. "Inequality and Poverty across Generations in the European Union," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 18/01, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:prs:ecstat:estat_0336-1454_2017_num_491_1_10757 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ronald Lee & Andrew Mason (ed.), 2011. "Population Aging and the Generational Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13816, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5804 is not listed on IDEAS
- André Masson, 2009. "Des liens et des transferts entre générations," Post-Print halshs-00754867, HAL.
- Concepció Patxot & Elisenda Rentería & Miguel Romero & Guadalupe Souto, 2012.
"Measuring the balance of government intervention on forward and backward family transfers using NTA estimates: the modified Lee arrows,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(3), pages 442-461, June.
- Concepció Patxot & Elisenda Renteria & Miguel Sánchez Romero & Guadalupe Souto, 2012. "Measuring the balance of government intervention on forward and backward family transfers using NTA estimates: the modified Lee Arrows," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2012-015, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Samuel Preston, 1984. "Children and the elderly: Divergent paths for America’s dependents," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 21(4), pages 435-457, November.
- Andrew Mason & Ronald Lee, 2011. "Population aging and the generational economy: key findings," Chapters,in: Population Aging and the Generational Economy, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:eee:joecag:v:5:y:2015:i:c:p:63-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ronald D. Lee & Andrew Mason, 2011. "Generational Economics in a Changing World," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 37(Supplemen), pages 115-142, January.
- Hippolyte d’Albis & Ikpidi Badji, 2017.
"Intergenerational inequalities in standards of living in France,"
Economie et Statistique / Economics and Statistics,
Institut National de la Statistique et des Études Économiques (INSEE), issue 491-492, pages 71-92.
- Ikpidi Badji & Hippolyte D'Albis, 2017. "Intergenerational Inequalities in Standards of Living in France," Post-Print hal-01549794, HAL.
- Robert Haveman, 1994. "Should Generational Accounts Replace Public Budgets and Deficits?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 95-111, Winter.
- Ronald Lee, 1980. "Age Structure, Intergenerational Transfers and Economic Growth : an Overview," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 31(6), pages 1129-1156.
- Harris, Amy Rehder & Evans, William N. & Schwab, Robert M., 2001. "Education spending in an aging America," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 449-472, September.
- Angela Luci Greulich & Olivier Thévenon, 2013. "The impact of family policy packages on fertility trends in developed countries," Post-Print hal-00880679, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsGenerational Economy; National Transfer Accounts; Inter- Generational Equity; Private and Public Consumption;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2018-06-11 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-DEM-2018-06-11 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2018-06-11 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-01799724. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.