Who pays commodity taxes? Evidence from French reforms, 1987-1999
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Delipalla, Sofia & Keen, Michael, 1992.
"The comparison between ad valorem and specific taxation under imperfect competition,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 351-367, December.
- Sofia Delipalla & Michael Keen, 1991. "The Comparison Between Ad Valorem and Specific Taxation under Imperfect Competition," Working Papers 821, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Seade, Jesus K, 1980. "On the Effects of Entry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 479-489, March.
- Delipalla, Sophia & O'Donnell, Owen, 2001.
"Estimating tax incidence, market power and market conduct: The European cigarette industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 885-908, May.
- Sophia Delipalla & Owen O'Donnell, 1999. "Estimating Tax Incidence, Market Power and Market Conduct: The European Cigarette Industry," Studies in Economics 9901, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Haufler, Andreas & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2004.
"Tacit collusion and international commodity taxation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 577-600, March.
- Haufler, Andreas & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2004. "Tacit collusion and international commodity taxation," Munich Reprints in Economics 20417, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1994.
"Commodity Taxation in a Differentiated Oligopoly,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 613-633, August.
- CREMER, Helmut & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1992. "Commodity taxation in a differentiated oligopoly," CORE Discussion Papers 1992035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-François, 1993. "Commodity Taxation in a Differentiated Oligopoly," IDEI Working Papers 25, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Cremer, H. & Thisse, J.-F., 1994. "Commodity taxation in a differentiated oligopoly," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1112, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Clément Carbonnier, 2005. "Is Tax Shifting Asymmetric? Evidence from French VAT reforms, 1995-2000," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590719, HAL.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Rosen, Harvey S., 1999. "Sales Taxes and Prices: An Empirical Analysis," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 52(2), pages 157-178, June.
- Besley, Timothy, 1989. "Commodity taxation and imperfect competition : A note on the effects of entry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 359-367, December.
- Brown, Alan & Deaton, Angus S, 1972. "Surveys in Applied Economics: Models of Consumer Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(328), pages 1145-1236, December.
- Stern, Nicholas, 1987. "The effects of taxation, price control and government contracts in oligopoly and monopolistic competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 133-158, March.
- Clément Carbonnier, 2005. "Is Tax Shifting Asymmetric? Evidence from French VAT reforms, 1995-2000," Working Papers halshs-00590719, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philippe Andrade, 2010. "Competition and Pass-through on international markets: Firm-level evidence from VAT shocks," 2010 Meeting Papers 820, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis, 2015. "A study on the economic effects of the current VAT rates structure," Taxation Studies 0056, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
More about this item
Keywordscommodity taxation; tax burden; tax incidence; oligopoly;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-00590515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.