Stop filling in the gaps! Rethinking organizational justice through problematization
Organizational justice theory is the dominant approach to study justice in organization. It focuses on the justice perception and its influence on outcomes such as performance, theft, or justice climate. This article aims at paving new ways to tackle this issue. To do so, we propose a problematization of organizational justice theory, which leads to reveal unquestioned, but core assumptions of the theory, to challenge them, to suggest alternatives, and to evaluate these new propositions. Critical theory and sociology of critique are the two theoretical resources we used to apply a dialectical problematization. They provide counter-texts against the functionalist stance of organizational justice theory. Therefore, this paper makes three contributions. It is one of the first systematic applications of the problematization methodology, and challenge de dominant framework to think justice in organizations.
|Date of creation:||10 Jun 2013|
|Publication status:||Published in 22ème Conférence AIMS, Jun 2013, Clermont-Ferrand, France|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00844204|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bourguignon, Annick & Chiapello, Eve, 2003.
"The Role of Criticism in the Dynamics of Performance Evaluation Systems,"
ESSEC Working Papers
DR 03017, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Eve, CHIAPELLO & Annick, BOURGUIGNON, 2003. "The role of Criticism in the Dynamics of Performance Evaluation Systems," Les Cahiers de Recherche 777, HEC Paris.
- Eve Chiapello & Annick Bourguignon, 2005. "The role of criticism in the dynamics of performance evaluation systems," Post-Print hal-00466532, HAL.
- Eve Chiapello & Annick Bourguignon, 2011. "The role of criticism in the dynamics of performance evaluation systems," Working Papers hal-00593388, HAL.
- Mats Alvesson & Jörgen Sandberg, 2013. "Has Management Studies Lost Its Way? Ideas for More Imaginative and Innovative Research," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 128-152, 01.
- Mats Alvesson & Cynthia Hardy & Bill Harley, 2008. "Reflecting on Reflexivity: Reflexive Textual Practices in Organization and Management Theory," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 480-501, 05.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00844204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.