The corrosive effects of neoliberalism on the UK financial crises and auditing practices: A dead-end for reforms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peck, Jamie, 2012. "Constructions of Neoliberal Reason," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199662081.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Sikka, Prem, 2009. "Financial crisis and the silence of the auditors," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 868-873, August.
- Peter G Zhang, 1995. "Barings Bankruptcy and Financial Derivatives," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 2823, April.
- Richard J. Herring, 2011. "The Capital Conundrum," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 7(4), pages 171-187, December.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Eve Chiapello & Luc Boltanski, 2005. "The New Spirit of Capitalism," Post-Print hal-00678024, HAL.
- David Collins & Ian Dewing & Peter Russell, 2012. "New roles for auditors and reporting accountants in UK banking supervision under the Banking Act 1987," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 535-565, March.
- Eve Chiapello & Luc Boltanski, 2005. "The New Spirit of Capitalism," Post-Print hal-00680089, HAL.
- Prem Sikka, 2008. "Globalization and its discontents: Accounting firms buy limited liability partnership legislation in Jersey," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(3), pages 398-426, March.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:34:y:2010:i:3:p:153-168 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:39:y:2016:i:c:p:45-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ioan-Bogdan ROBU & Maria GROSU & Costel ISTRATE, 2016. "The Effect of the Auditors’ Rotation on the Accounting Quality in the Case of Romanian Listed Companies under the Transition to IFRS," The Audit Financiar journal, Chamber of Financial Auditors of Romania, vol. 14(133), pages 1-65, January.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crisis; Banks; Financial sector; Auditing; Neoliberalism; The state;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accfor:v:39:y:2015:i:1:p:1-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/accounting-forum .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.