Les petits opérateurs privés dans la chaîne d'approvisionnement d'eau potable dans les petites et moyennes villes indiennes
Network for water supply in Indian small and medium size towns is insufficient to fulfil the whole of the population's needs. Complementary forms of supply fill the gaps left by the municipal services' failure. Among these, small scale water producers and providers coexist with rural practices of free access to private and public sources of water. This article deals with the way in which this diversity of water supply methods organises access to water in the small and medium size towns in the peri-urban territories of Mumbai.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Revue Tiers Monde, Presses Universitaires de France. Paris, 2010, pp.141-159|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00527134|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sylvy Jaglin, 2001. "L'eau potable dans les villes en développement : les modèles marchands face à la pauvreté," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 42(166), pages 275-303.
- North, Douglass C, 1994.
"Economic Performance through Time,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 359-368, June.
- North, Douglass C., 1993. "Economic Performance through Time," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1993-2, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Kariuki, Mukami & Schwartz, Jordan, 2005. "Small-scale private service providers of water supply and electricity : a review of incidence, structure, pricing, and operating characteristics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3727, The World Bank.
- R. Maria Saleth & Ariel Dinar, 2004. "The Institutional Economics of Water," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3443.
- Anand, P.B., 2001. "Water 'Scarcity' in Chennai, India: Institutions, Entitlements and Aspects of Inequality in Access," WIDER Working Paper Series 140, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Anastasia Angueletou, 2007. "Etalement urbain et périurbanisation des grandes métropoles indiennes, le cas de Mumbai," Post-Print halshs-00185588, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00527134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.