Segmentation du marché du travail et précarité de l'aide à domicile. Comment les partenaires sociaux peuvent-ils agir ?
The home support sector, considered as a potential pool of jobs by the public autorities, has a reputation for offering insecure and low qualified jobs. From a descriptive work grouping together social partners trying to reduce this job insecurity and from a monographic work on the sector, we have adopted a segmentationist approach to the job market and propose a dualistic reading of job insecurity in this specific business sector. After having shown the multidimensional aspect of job insecurity, we demonstrate why home-support jobs can be analyzed by the yardstick of secondary job markets. On this basis, we then analyze the variety of secondary-market types together with the stakes that access to an upper segment of the secondary market would represent in this sector. This stakes include a possible decrease in the number of job insecurity situations.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Économies et sociétés, série "Socio-économie du travail", AB, n° 32,, 2010, 44 (7), pp. 1213-1239|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00526596|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicole Gadrey & Florence Jany-Catrice & Martine Pernod-Lemattre, 2004. "Genre et emplois non qualifiés," Post-Print halshs-00282302, HAL.
- François Michon, 2007. "What became of labour market segmentation in France : its changing design," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00265559, HAL.
- Bernard Gazier & Héloïse Petit, 2007. "French Labour Market Segmentation and French Labour Market Policies since the Seventies: Connecting Changes," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00186361, HAL.
- Chantal Cases & Nathalie Missègue, 2001. "Une forte segmentation des emplois dans les activités de services," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 344(1), pages 81-108.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Markets and Freedoms: Achievements and Limitations of the Market Mechanism in Promoting Individual Freedoms," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(4), pages 519-41, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00526596. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.