Le transport de marchandises et la croissance économique
The link between transport and economic growth is nowadays understood behind the so-called issue of coupling. Transport intensity or transport elasticity to economic production are generally used to assess the link. In this paper, road freight intensity is decomposed into four factors. A European panel data estimation of these four factors isolates levels of coupling and levels of decoupling. We observe two factors of coupling (i. e. the rise of the average distance of transport and the increasing market share of road transport) and two factors of decoupling (the decreasing share of the industry in the economic production and the decreasing weight of industrial production).
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in ASRDLF. Villes et territoires face aux défis de la mondialisation - XLIè colloque de l'ASRDLF, 5-7 sept. 2005, Dijon, 2005, France. ASRDLF, 15 p., 2005|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00095907|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:110:y:1995:i:2:p:353-77 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Aschauer, 1988.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
88-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Thomas M. Selden, 1992.
"Stoking the Fires? Co2 Emissions and Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
4248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Selden, Thomas M., 1995. "Stoking the fires? CO2 emissions and economic growth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 85-101, May.
- Schafer, Andreas & Victor, David G., 2000. "The future mobility of the world population," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 171-205, April.
- Kwon, Tae-Hyeong, 2005. "Decomposition of factors determining the trend of CO2 emissions from car travel in Great Britain (1970-2000)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 261-275, April.
- Kulshreshtha, Mudit & Nag, Barnali & Kulshrestha, Mukul, 2001. "A multivariate cointegrating vector auto regressive model of freight transport demand: evidence from Indian railways," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 29-45, January.
- Schafer, Andreas, 2005. "Structural change in energy use," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 429-437, March.
- Shafik, Nemat, 1994. "Economic Development and Environmental Quality: An Econometric Analysis," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 757-73, Supplemen.
- Kiang, Nancy & Schipper, Lee, 1996. "Energy trends in the Japanese transportation sector," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 21-35.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00095907. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.