Bank Liquidity and Exchange Rate Regimes
Combining panel data on bank liquidity at the individual level and data on their macroeconomic environment, for a sample of commercial banks in emerging countries between 1995 and 2000, we show that their exists a “bank liquidity smile across exchange rate regimes”. In extreme regimes at both ends of the line, i.e. for pure floating exchange rate regimes at one end and currency boards and dollarized economies at the other end, bank assets are more liquid than in intermediate regimes.
|Date of creation:||22 May 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in University of National and World Economy Sofia, Bulgaria. “Current Challenges, New European Perspectives” 3rd International Scientific Conference, May 2003, Sofia, Bulgaria. pp.24-43, 2003, 3rd International Scientific Conference Proceedings|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00422622|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 1998.
"Financial Fragility and the Exchange Rate Regime,"
NBER Working Papers
6469, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chang, R. & Velasco, A., 1998. "Financial Fragility and the Exchange Rate Regime," Working Papers 98-05, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 1997. "Financial fragility and the exchange rate regime," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 97-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Andrea Bubula & Inci Ã–tker, 2002. "The Evolution of Exchange Rate Regimes Since 1990; Evidence From De Facto Policies," IMF Working Papers 02/155, International Monetary Fund.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Giovanni Ferri & Giovanni Majnoni, 2000.
"The Macroeconomic Impact Of Bank Capital Requirements In Emerging Economies: Past Evidence To Assess The Future,"
0002, Dipartimento di Scienze economiche e metodi matematici - Università di Bari, revised Sep 2000.
- Concetta Chiuri, Maria & Ferri, Giovanni & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2002. "The macroeconomic impact of bank capital requirements in emerging economies: Past evidence to assess the future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 881-904, May.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Ferri, Giovanni & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "The macroeconomic impact of bank capital requirements in emerging economies - past evidence to assess the future," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2605, The World Bank.
- Thakor, Anjan V., 1996. "The design of financial systems: An overview," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 917-948, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00422622. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.