Endogenous Bid Rotation in Repeated Auctions
I study collusion between two bidders in a general symmetric IPV repeated auction, without communication, side transfers, or public randomization. I construct a collusive scheme, endogenous bid rotation, that generates a payoff larger than the bid rotation payoff.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:||09 Oct 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://hevra.haifa.ac.il/econ/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Susan Athey & Kyle Bagwell, 1999.
"Optimal Collusion with Private Information,"
99-17, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Owen R. Phillips & Dale J. Menkhaus & Kalyn T. Coatney, 2003. "Collusive Practices in Repeated English Auctions: Experimental Evidence on Bidding Rings," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 965-979, June.
- Masaki Aoyagi, 2002.
"Efficient Collusion in Repeated Auctions with Communication,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0566, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Aoyagi, Masaki, 2007. "Efficient collusion in repeated auctions with communication," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 61-92, May.
- McAfee, R. Preston & McMillan, John., 1990.
726, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Skrzypacz, Andrzej & Hopenhayn, Hugo, 2004.
"Tacit collusion in repeated auctions,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 153-169, January.
- Andreas Blume & Paul Heidhues, 2003.
"Private Monitoring in Auctions,"
CIG Working Papers
SP II 2003-14, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Aoyagi, Masaki, 2003. "Bid rotation and collusion in repeated auctions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 79-105, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:haf:huedwp:wp201109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Rubinchik)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.