Endogenous Bid Rotation in Repeated Auctions
I study collusion between two bidders in a general symmetric IPV repeated auction, without communication, side transfers, or public randomization. I construct a collusive scheme, endogenous bid rotation, that generates a payoff larger than the bid rotation payoff.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 199 Aba Khoushy Ave., Mount Carmel, Haifa, Israel, 3498838|
Web page: http://hevra.haifa.ac.il/econ/index.php/en/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masaki Aoyagi, 2002.
"Efficient Collusion in Repeated Auctions with Communication,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0566, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Aoyagi, Masaki, 2007. "Efficient collusion in repeated auctions with communication," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 61-92, May.
- Susan Athey & Kyle Bagwell, 1999.
"Optimal Collusion with Private Information,"
99-17, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Blume, Andreas & Heidhues, Paul, 2006.
"Private monitoring in auctions,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 179-211, November.
- McAfee, R Preston & McMillan, John, 1992.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 579-599, June.
- Skrzypacz, Andrzej & Hopenhayn, Hugo, 2004.
"Tacit collusion in repeated auctions,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 153-169, January.
- Owen R. Phillips & Dale J. Menkhaus & Kalyn T. Coatney, 2003. "Collusive Practices in Repeated English Auctions: Experimental Evidence on Bidding Rings," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 965-979, June.
- Aoyagi, Masaki, 2003. "Bid rotation and collusion in repeated auctions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 79-105, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:haf:huedwp:wp201109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Rubinchik)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.