Genetic Testing and Insurance: The Complexity of Adverse Selection
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Hoy & Fabienne Orsi & François Eisinger & Jean Paul Moatti, 2003.
"The Impact of Genetic Testing on Healthcare Insurance,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 28(2), pages 203-221, April.
- Michael Hoy & Fabienne Orsi & FranÁois Eisinger & Jean Paul Moatti, 2003. "The Impact of Genetic Testing on Healthcare Insurance," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance, The International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics, vol. 28, pages 203-221, April.
- Michael Hoy & Julia Witt, 2007.
"Welfare Effects of Banning Genetic Information in the Life Insurance Market: The Case of BRCA1/2 Genes,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 74(3), pages 523-546.
- Michael Hoy & Julia Witt, 2005. "Welfare Effects of Banning Genetic Information in the Life Insurance Market: The Case of BRCA1/2 Genes," Working Papers 0505, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Hoy & Richard Peter & Andreas Richter, 2014. "Take-up for genetic tests and ambiguity," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 111-133, April.
- Christine Arentz, 2012. "Auswirkungen von Gentests in der Krankenversicherung," Otto-Wolff-Institut Discussion Paper Series 04/2012, Otto-Wolff-Institut für Wirtschaftsordnung, Köln, Deutschland.
More about this item
Keywordsinsurance; genetic discrimination; regulation; privacy;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2012-06-25 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2012-06-25 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gue:guelph:2012-08.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Kosempel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degueca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.