Adverse selection and categorical discrimination in the health insurance markets: the effects of genetic tests
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Neudeck, Werner & Podczeck, Konrad, 1996. "Adverse selection and regulation in health insurance markets," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 387-408, August.
- Dionne, G. & Doherty, N., 1991.
"Adverse Selection In Insurance Markets: A Selective Survey,"
Cahiers de recherche
9105, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Dionne, G. & Doherty, N., 1991. "Adverse Selection in Insurance Markets: a Selective Survey," Cahiers de recherche 9105, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Crocker, Keith J & Snow, Arthur, 1986. "The Efficiency Effects of Categorical Discrimination in the Insurance Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(2), pages 321-44, April.
- Doherty, Neil A. & Thistle, Paul D., 1996. "Adverse selection with endogenous information in insurance markets," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 83-102, December.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:91:y:1977:i:1:p:143-56 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:97:y:1982:i:2:p:321-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Borenstein, Severin, 1989. "The economics of costly risk sorting in competitive insurance markets," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 25-39, June.
- Tabarrok, Alexander, 1994. "Genetic testing: An economic and contractarian analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 75-91, March.
- de Meza, David, 1983. "Health insurance and the demand for medical care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 47-54, March.
- Dionne, G., 1981. "Adverse Selection and Repeated Insurance Contracts," Cahiers de recherche 8139, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Michael Hoy, 1984. "The Impact of Imperfectly Categorizing Risks on Income Inequality and Social Welfare," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(3), pages 557-68, August.
- Spence, Michael, 1978. "Product differentiation and performance in insurance markets," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 427-447, December.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:90:y:1976:i:4:p:630-49 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hoy, Michael, 1989. "The value of screening mechanisms under alternative insurance possibilities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 177-206, July.
- Hall, Jane, 1996. "Consumer utility, social welfare, and genetic testing. A response to "Genetic testing: an economic and contractarian analysis"," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 377-380, June.
- Charles Wilson, 1976. "A Model of Insurance Markets with Asymmetric Information," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 432, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Wilson, Charles, 1977. "A model of insurance markets with incomplete information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 167-207, December.
- Tabarrok, Alexander, 1996. "Genetic testing and human welfare: reply to Hall," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 381-384, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:19:y:2000:i:2:p:197-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.