Three uncertainties looming over the European auto industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aldo Enrietti & Pier Paolo Patrucco, 2011. "Systemic innovation and organizational change in the car industry: electric vehicle innovation platforms," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2011(2), pages 85-106.
- Vincent Frigant, 2011.
"Are carmakers on the wrong track? Too much outsourcing in an imperfect-modular industry can be harmful,"
International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 22(4), pages 324-343.
- Vincent Frigant, 2011. "Are carmakers on the wrong track? Too much outsourcing in an imperfect-modular industry can be harmful," Post-Print hal-00652241, HAL.
- Bernard Jullien & A. Smith, 2008. "Industries and Globalization: the Political Causality of Differences," Post-Print hal-00293984, HAL.
- Michel Freyssenet, 2011. "The start of a second automobile revolution: corporate strategies and public policies," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2011(2), pages 69-84.
- Gary Herrigel, 2004. "Emerging Strategies and Forms of Governance in High-Wage Component Manufacturing Regions," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1-2), pages 45-79.
- David Sadler, 1999. "Internationalization and Specialization in the European Automotive Components Sector: Implications for the Hollowing-out Thesis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 109-119.
- Freyssenet, Michel & Jetin, Bruno, 2011. "Conséquence de la crise financière ou crise d’une forme de capitalisme : la faillite des Big Three," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 9.
- Peter Nolan & Jin Zhang & Chunhang Liu, 2008. "The global business revolution, the cascade effect, and the challenge for firms from developing countries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 29-47, January.
- Yannick Lung & Boleslaw Domanski, 2009.
"The changing face of the European periphery in the automotive industry,"
- Yannick Lung & Domanski Boleslaw, 2009. "The Changing Face of the European Periphery in the Automobile Industry," Post-Print hal-00384193, HAL.
- Vincent FRIGANT (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011. "Egyptian pyramid or Aztec pyramid: How should we describe the industrial architecture of automotive supply chains in Europe?," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-27, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Vincent Frigant & Jean-Bernard Layan, 2009. "Modular production and the new division of labour within Europe: the perspective of French automotive parts suppliers," Post-Print hal-00381341, HAL.
- Thomas Klier & James Rubenstein, 2008. "Who Really Made Your Car? Restructuring and Geographic change in the Auto Industry," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number wrmyc, November.
More about this item
KeywordsAutomobile industry; electric vehicles; industrial architecture; carmakers; industrial geography; first tier suppliers;
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grt:wpegrt:2011-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerio Sterzi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifredfr.html .