Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernd Huber & Marco Runkel, 2006.
"Optimal Design of Intergovernmental Grants Under Asymmetric Information,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(1), pages 25-41, January.
- Bernd Huber & Marco Runkel, 2003. "Optimal Design of Intergovernmental Grants under Asymmetric Information," CESifo Working Paper Series 919, CESifo Group Munich.
- Huber, Bernd & Runkel, Marco, 2006. "Optimal design of intergovernmental grants under asymmetric information," Munich Reprints in Economics 19392, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Akai, Nobuo & Sato, Motohiro, 2008. "Too big or too small? A synthetic view of the commitment problem of interregional transfers," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 551-559, November.
- James M. Buchanan, 1952. "Federal Grants and Resource Allocation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60, pages 208-208.
- Timothy Goodspeed, 2002. "Bailouts in a Federation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 9(4), pages 409-421, August.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1985. "A Theory of Yardstick Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 319-327, Autumn.
- Horst Raff & John Wilson, 1997. "Income Redistribution with Well-Informed Local Governments," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 4(4), pages 407-427, November.
- Robin W. Boadway & Frank R. Flatters, 1982. "Efficiency and Equalization Payments in a Federal System of Government: A Synthesis and Extension of Recent Results," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 15(4), pages 613-633, November.
- Robin Boadway, 2006. "Intergovernmental Redistributive Transfers: Efficiency and Equity," Chapters,in: Handbook of Fiscal Federalism, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Breuillé, Marie-Laure & Madiès, Thierry & Taugourdeau, Emmanuelle, 2010.
"Gross versus net equalization scheme in a federation with decentralized leadership,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 205-214, September.
- Marie-Laure Breuillé & Thierry Madies & Emmanuelle Taugourdeau, 2010. "Gross versus net equalization scheme in a federation with decentralized leadership," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00618721, HAL.
- Howard Chernick, 1998. "Fiscal Effects of Block Grants for the Needy: An Interpretation of the Evidence," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 5(2), pages 205-233, May.
- James M. Buchanan, 1952. "Federal Grants and Resource Allocation: A Reply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60, pages 536-536.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 2002. "Evaluating Welfare Reform in the United States," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1105-1166, December.
- Breuille, Marie-Laure & Gary-Bobo, Robert J., 2007.
"Sharing budgetary austerity under free mobility and asymmetric information: An optimal regulation approach to fiscal federalism,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 1177-1196, June.
- Marie-Laure Breuillé & Robert J. Gary-Bobo, 2005. "Sharing Budgetary Austerity under Free Mobility and Asymmetric Information: An Optimal Regulation Approach to Fiscal Federalism," CESifo Working Paper Series 1559, CESifo Group Munich.
- Riordan, Michael H. & Sappington, David E. M., 1988. "Optimal contracts with public ex post information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 189-199, June.
- Roland Strausz, 2006.
"Interim Information in Long-Term Contracts,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 1041-1067, December.
- Strausz, Roland, 2005. "Interim Information in Long Term Contracts," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 40, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- David C. Ribar & Mark O. Wilhelm, 1999. "The Demand for Welfare Generosity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(1), pages 96-108, February.
- Alan Duncan & Peter Smith, 1995. "Modelling local government budgetary choices under expenditure limitation," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 16(4), pages 95-110, November.
- Cornes, Richard C. & Silva, Emilson C. D., 2002.
"Local public goods, inter-regional transfers and private information,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 329-356, February.
- Richard C. Cornes & Emilson C.D. Silva, 1996. "Local Public Goods, Inter-Regional Transfers and Private Information," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/11, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Allers, Maarten A., 2012. "Yardstick competition, fiscal disparities, and equalization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 4-6.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00618721 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bird, Richard M. & Smart, Michael, 2002. "Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers: International Lessons for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 899-912, June.
- Nobuo Akai & Emilson Silva, 2009. "Interregional redistribution as a cure to the soft budget syndrome in federations," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 16(1), pages 43-58, February.
- Bucovetsky, Sam, 1998. "Federalism, equalization and risk aversion," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 301-328, March.
- Buchanan, James M. & Goetz, Charles J., 1972. "Efficiency limits of fiscal mobility: An assessment of the tiebout model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 25-43, April.
- Le Grand, Julian, 1975. "Fiscal Equity and Central Government Grants to Local Authorities," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(339), pages 531-547, September.
- Katherine Baicker, 2005. "Extensive or Intensive Generosity? The Price and Income Effects of Federal Grants," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(2), pages 371-384, May.
- Bradbury, Katharine & Zhao, Bo, 2009. "Measuring Non–School Fiscal Disparities Among Municipalities," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 62(1), pages 25-56, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gro:rugsom:12004-eef. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hanneke Tamling). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.