Towards an Economics of Convention-based Approach of the European Competition Policy
Our paper aims at developing an analysis of the European competition law enforcement dynamics based on an economics of conventions' framework. We question the ordoliberal theoretical foundations of the EU competition policy and we assess to what extent the implementation of a "more economic approach" might pertain to a convention inspired by the Chicago School normative views. We question the economic history, the history of economics thought, and the legal history as we consider that the European courts case law is the main driving force of conventional shifts in matter of competition law enforcement.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Forthcoming in Historical Social Research (HSR)|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 250, rue Albert Einstein, 06560 Valbonne|
Web page: http://www.gredeg.cnrs.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cristiano Antonelli & Francesco Quatraro, 2014.
"The effects of biased technological changes on total factor productivity: a rejoinder and new empirical evidence,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 281-299, April.
- Cristiano Antonelli & Francesco Quatraro, 2014. "The effects of biased technological changes on total factor productivity: a rejoinder and new empirical evidence," Post-Print hal-01070563, HAL.
- Cristiano Antonelli & Francesco Quatraro, 2014. "The Effects of Biased Technological Changes on Total Factor Productivity: A Rejoinder and New Empirical Evidence," GREDEG Working Papers 2014-01, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Patrice Bougette & Frédéric Marty, 2012. "Quels remèdes pour les abus de position dominante ? Une analyse économique des décisions de la Commission européenne," Post-Print halshs-00727517, HAL.
- Nicola Giocoli, 2012. "Crossed destinies: law and economics meets the history of economic thought," History of Economic Ideas, Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 20(3), pages 15-24.
- Köhler, Ekkehard & Kolev, Stefan, 2011. "The conjoint quest for a liberal positive program: "Old Chicago", Freiburg and Hayek," HWWI Research Papers 109, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Kolev, Stefan & Goldschmidt, Nils & Hesse, Jan-Otmar, 2014. "Walter Eucken's role in the early history of the Mont Pèlerin Society," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 14/02, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gre:wpaper:2014-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrice Bougette)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.