Determining factors for audit opinion in private family and non-family firms. Evidence from Spain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hope, Ole-Kristian & Langli, John Christian & Thomas, Wayne B., 2012. "Agency conflicts and auditing in private firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 500-517.
- Feng Chen & Songlan Peng & Shuang Xue & Zhifeng Yang & Feiteng Ye, 2016. "Do Audit Clients Successfully Engage in Opinion Shopping? Partner-Level Evidence," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 79-112, March.
- Arosa, Blanca & Iturralde, Txomin & Maseda, Amaia, 2010. "Ownership structure and firm performance in non-listed firms: Evidence from Spain," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 88-96, June.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:1:p:161-190 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Dobler, 2014. "Auditor-provided non-audit services in listed and private family firms," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(5), pages 427-454, May.
- Di Cai & Jin-hui Luo & Di-fang Wan, 2012. "Family CEOs: Do they benefit firm performance in China?," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 923-947, December.
- repec:bde:joures:y:2017:i:6:d:aa:n:15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lukas Setia-Atmaja, 2010. "Dividend and debt policies of family controlled firms: The impact of board independence," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 128-142, April.
- Anderson, Ronald C. & Mansi, Sattar A. & Reeb, David M., 2003. "Founding family ownership and the agency cost of debt," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 263-285, May.
- Jennifer C. Ireland, 2003. "An Empirical Investigation of Determinants of Audit Reports in the UK," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30, pages 975-1016.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark L. DeFond, 2002. "Do Non-Audit Service Fees Impair Auditor Independence? Evidence from Going Concern Audit Opinions," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 1247-1274, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:1:p:312-324 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:89:y:1995:i:03:p:634-647_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:accfor:v:38:y:2014:i:1:p:38-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- Firth, Michael & Rui, Oliver M. & Wu, Xi, 2012. "How Do Various Forms of Auditor Rotation Affect Audit Quality? Evidence from China," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 109-138.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:201405 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-043 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lennox, Clive, 2000. "Do companies successfully engage in opinion-shopping? Evidence from the UK," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 321-337, June.
- Ghosh, Aloke(Al) & Tang, Charles Y., 2015. "Assessing financial reporting quality of family firms: The auditors׳ perspective," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 95-116.
- Pietro Gottardo & Anna Maria Moisello, 2014. "The capital structure choices of family firms: Evidence from Italian medium-large unlisted firms," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(3), pages 254-275, March.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:201412 is not listed on IDEAS
- King, Michael R. & Santor, Eric, 2008.
"Family values: Ownership structure, performance and capital structure of Canadian firms,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2423-2432, November.
- Michael R. King & Eric Santor, 2007. "Family Values: Ownership Structure, Performance and Capital Structure of Canadian Firms," Staff Working Papers 07-40, Bank of Canada.
- Ahsan Habib, 2013. "A meta-analysis of the determinants of modified audit opinion decisions," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 184-216, March.
- Margaritis, Dimitris & Psillaki, Maria, 2010. "Capital structure, equity ownership and firm performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 621-632, March.
- Songini, Lucrezia & Gnan, Luca & Malmi, Teemu, 2013. "The role and impact of accounting in family business," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 71-83.
- Corten, Maarten & Steijvers, Tensie & Lybaert, Nadine, 2017. "The effect of intrafamily agency conflicts on audit demand in private family firms: The moderating role of the board of directors," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 13-28.
- Chiraz Ben Ali & Cédric Lesage, 2014. "Audit Fees in Family Firms: Evidence From U.S. Listed Companies," Working Papers 2014-43, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Annalisa Prencipe & Sasson Bar-Yosef & Henri C. Dekker, 2014. "Accounting Research in Family Firms: Theoretical and Empirical Challenges," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 361-385, September.
More about this item
KeywordsAuditing; Family Business; Agency Theory; Big 4; Audit Opinion.;
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M42 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Auditing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2017-10-29 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2017-10-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2017-10-29 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-SBM-2017-10-29 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gov:wpfami:1701. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricio Sanchez-Fernandez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/geviges.html .