Spatial dynamics and convergence: the spatial AK model
We study the optimal dynamics of an AK economy where population is uniformly distributed along the unit circle. Locations only differ in initial capital endowments. Despite constant returns to capital, we prove that transition dynamics will set in. In particular, we prove that the spatio-temporal dynamics, induced by the willingness of the planner to give the same (detrended) consumption over space and time, lead to convergence in the level of capital across locations in the long-run.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Adam Smith Building, Glasgow G12 8RT|
Phone: 0141 330 4618
Fax: 0141 330 4940
Web page: http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/business/research/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klaus Desmet & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2009.
"On Spatial dynamics,"
2009-16, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Raouf Boucekkine & C. Camacho & B. Zou, 2007.
"Bridging the gap between growth theory and the new economic geography: The spatial Ramsey model,"
2007_27, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Camacho, Carmen & Zou, Benteng, 2009. "Bridging The Gap Between Growth Theory And The New Economic Geography: The Spatial Ramsey Model," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 20-45, February.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Carmen Camacho & Zou Benteng, 2009. "Bridging the Gap between Growth Theory and the New Economic Geography: the Spatial Ramsey Model," Post-Print hal-00683809, HAL.
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & CAMACHO, Carmen & ZOU, Benteng, . "Bridging the gap between growth theory and the new economic geography: The spatial Ramsey model," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2090, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Raouf Boucekkine & Carmen Camacho & Benteng Zou, 2006. "Bridging the gap between growth theory and the new economic geography: The spatial Ramsey model," DEGIT Conference Papers c011_039, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & CAMACHO, Carmen & ZOU, Benteng, 2006. "Bridging the gap between growth theory and the new economic geography: the spatial Ramsey model," CORE Discussion Papers 2006072, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Raouf, BOUCEKKINE & Carmen, CAMACHO & Benteng, ZOU, 2006. "Bridging the Gap between Growth Theory and the New Economic Geography : The Spatial Ramsey Model," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006038, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Silvia Faggian, 2008. "Maximum Principle for Boundary Control Problems Arising in Optimal Investment with Vintage Capital," Working Papers 181, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Brock, William & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2008.
"General Pattern Formation in Recursive Dynamical Systems Models in Economics,"
12305, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anastasios Xepapadeas & William Brock, 2009. "General Pattern Formation in Recursive Dynamical Systems Models in Economics," Working Papers 2009.49, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Paulo Brito, 2004. "The Dynamics of Growth and Distribution in a Spatially Heterogeneous World," Working Papers Department of Economics 2004/14, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit, 1994. "Transitional dynamics and the distribution of wealth in a neoclassical growth model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 97-119, May.
- Fabbri, Giorgio & Gozzi, Fausto, 2008. "Solving optimal growth models with vintage capital: The dynamic programming approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 331-373, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gla:glaewp:2010_06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeanette Findlay)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.