Demographic Change and Economic Growth in South Asia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghani, Ejaz (ed.), 2010. "The Poor Half Billion in South Asia: What is Holding Back Lagging Regions?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198068846.
- Ghani, Ejaz & Kharas, Homi, 2010. "The Service Revolution," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 14, pages 1-5, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Friesenbichler, Klaus, 2011. "Employment growth patterns in South Asia : some evidence from interim enterprise survey data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5856, The World Bank.
- Klaus Friesenbichler, 2013. "Firm Growth in Conflict Countries: Some Evidence from South Asia," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 3, pages 33-44, May.
- Ali Mehdi & Divya Chaudhry, 2016. "Human capital potential of Indiaâ€™s future workforce," Working Papers id:11079, eSocialSciences.
- Angela Luci & Olivier Thevenon, 2010.
"Does economic development drive the fertility rebound in OECD countries?,"
- Angela Luci & Olivier Thévenon, 2010. "Does economic development drive the fertility rebound in oecd countries ?," Working Papers 167, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Ali Mehdi & Divya Chaudhry, 2015. "Human Capital Potential of India's Future Workforce," Working Papers id:7846, eSocialSciences.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & J. Bradford Jensen & Sherry Stephenson & Julia Muir & Martin Vieiro, 2012. "Framework for the International Services Agreement," Policy Briefs PB12-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Nikola Spatafora & Rahul Anand & Saurabh Mishra, 2012. "Structural Transformation and the sophistication of Production," IMF Working Papers 2012/059, International Monetary Fund.
- Mitra, Arup & Sharma, Chandan & Véganzonès-Varoudakis, Marie-Ange, 2014.
"Trade liberalization, technology transfer, and firms’ productive performance: The case of Indian manufacturing,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-15.
- Marie-Ange Véganzonès-Varoudakis & Arup Mitra & Chandan Sharma, 2013. "Trade liberalization, technology transfer and firms productive performance. The case of the Indian manufacturing," Post-Print hal-03058695, HAL.
- Marie-Ange Véganzonès-Varoudakis & Arup Mitra & Chandan Sharma, 2014. "Trade liberalization, technology transfer and firms productive performance. The case of the Indian manufacturing," Post-Print hal-03058641, HAL.
- Arup Mitra & Chandan Sharma & Marie-Ange Véganzonès-Varoudakis, 2014. "Trade Liberalization, Technology Transfer and Firms’ Productive Performance. The case of Indian Manufacturing," Post-Print hal-02004594, HAL.
- Marie-Ange Véganzonès-Varoudakis & Arup Mitra & Chandan Sharma, 2013. "Trade liberalization, technology transfer and firms productive performance. The case of the Indian manufacturing," Post-Print hal-03058690, HAL.
- Amit Batabyal & Peter Nijkamp, 2014. "Technology, Learning, and Long Run Economic Growth in Leading and Lagging Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa14p893, European Regional Science Association.
- Mohapatra, Sanket & Nagar, Jay Prakash, 2020. "Foreign Currency Borrowing and Firm Financing Constraints in Emerging Markets: Evidence from India," IIMA Working Papers WP 2020-08-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- van der Marel, Erik, 2011. "Determinants of comparative advantage in services," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 38993, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jedwab, Remi & Vollrath, Dietrich, 2015.
"Urbanization without growth in historical perspective,"
Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1-21.
- Remi Jedwab & Dietrich Vollrath, 2015. "Urbanization without Growth in Historical Perspective," Working Papers 2015-7, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Ejaz Ghani & William R. Kerr & Christopher Stanton, 2014.
"Diasporas and Outsourcing: Evidence from oDesk and India,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(7), pages 1677-1697, July.
- Ejaz Ghani & William R. Kerr & Christopher T. Stanton, 2012. "Diasporas and Outsourcing: Evidence from oDesk and India," NBER Working Papers 18474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghani, Ejaz & Kerr, William R. & Stanton, Christopher, 2013. "Diasporas and outsourcing : evidence from oDesk and India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6403, The World Bank.
- Mishra, Saurabh & Lundstrom, Susanna & Anand, Rahul, 2011. "Service export sophistication and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5606, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2012. "Consolidating and Accelerating Exports in Bangladesh : A Policy Agenda," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11911, The World Bank.
- Noland, Marcus & Park, Donghyun & Estrada, Gemma B., 2012.
"Developing the Service Sector as Engine of Growth for Asia: An Overview,"
ADB Economics Working Paper Series
320, Asian Development Bank.
- Marcus Noland & Donghyun Park & Gemma B. Estrada, 2012. "Developing the Services Sector as Engine of Growth for Asia: An Overview," Working Paper Series WP12-18, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Sauvé, Pierre, 2014. "Towards a plurilateral Trade in Services Agreement (TISA): Challenges and prospects," Papers 683, World Trade Institute.
- Klaus Desmet & Ejaz Ghani & Stephen O'Connell & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2013. "India's Spatial Development," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22615, The World Bank.
- Ghani, Ejaz & Kerr, William & O'Connell, Stephen, 2013. "Promoting Women’s Economic Participation in India," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 107, pages 1-6, February.
- Marta C. N. Simões & Adelaide Duarte, 2013. "Human Capital and Growth in a Services Economy: the Case of Portugal," GEMF Working Papers 2013-21, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- World Bank, 2011. "Russia : Reshaping Economic Geography," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13052, The World Bank.
- Ghani, Ejaz, 2011.
"The South Asian Development Paradox: Can Social Outcomes Keep Pace with Growth?,"
World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 53, pages 1-6, March.
- Ejaz Ghani, 2011. "The South Asian Development Paradox : Can Social Outcomes Keep Pace with Growth?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10105, The World Bank.
- Bianka Dettmer, 2012. "Business services outsourcing and economic growth: Evidence from a dynamic panel data approach," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-049, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Marta S. S. Ramos & Marta C. N. Simoes, 2011. "Growth and the Services Sector: The Portugal Case," Book Chapters, in: Stefan Bogdan Salej & Dejan Eric & Srdjan Redzepagic & Ivan Stosic (ed.), Contemporary Issues in the Integration Processes of Western Balkan Countries in the European Union, chapter 17, pages 271-287, Institute of Economic Sciences.
- K.S. Kavi Kumar & Kamal Karunagoda & Enamul Haque & L. Venkatachelam & Girish Nath Bahal, 2012.
"Addressing Long-term Challenges to Food Security and Rural Livelihoods in South Asia,"
2012-075, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- K.S. Kavi Kumar & Kamal Karunagoda & Enamul Haque & L. Venkatachelam & Girish Bahal, 2013. "Addressing Long - term Challenges to Food Security and Rural Livelihoods in South Asia," Working Papers id:5330, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic growth; South Asia; demographic change;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-09-16 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-DEM-2011-09-16 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2011-09-16 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2011-09-16 (Financial Development & Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gdm:wpaper:6711. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cinzia Smothers) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Cinzia Smothers to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.