Double Unit Roots Testing, GLS-detrending and Uncertainty over the Initial Conditions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nabeya, Seiji & Perron, Pierre, 1994.
"Local asymptotic distribution related to the AR(1) model with dependent errors,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 229-264, June.
- Nabeya, S. & Perron, P., 1991. "Local Asymtotic Distributions Related to the AR(1) MOdel with Dependent Errors," Papers 362, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 2001.
"LAG Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1519-1554, November.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 1997. "Lag Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Shu-Ping Shi & Jun Yu, 2011.
"Testing for Multiple Bubbles,"
09-2011, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Shu-Ping Shi & Jun Yu, 2012. "Testing for Multiple Bubbles," Working Papers 13-2012, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Shu-Ping Shi & Jun Yu, 2012. "Testing for Multiple Bubbles," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1843, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Sen, D L & Dickey, David A, 1987. "Symmetric Test for Second Differencing in Univariate Time Series," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(4), pages 463-473, October.
- Niels Haldrup & Peter Lildholdt, 2005.
"Local power functions of tests for double unit roots,"
Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 59(2), pages 159-179.
- Niels Haldrup & Peter Lildholdt, "undated". "Local Power Functions of Tests for Double Unit Roots," Economics Working Papers 2000-2, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Haldrup, Niels Prof. & Lildholdt, Peter, 2000. "Local Power Functions of Tests for Double Unit Roots," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt01j3m1h6, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999.
"Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-783, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Elliott, Graham & Muller, Ulrich K., 2006. "Minimizing the impact of the initial condition on testing for unit roots," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 135(1-2), pages 285-310.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Kim, Hyun Jung, 1999. "Semiparametric Tests for Double Unit Roots Based on Symmetric Estimators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(1), pages 67-73, January.
- Perron, Pierre & Qu, Zhongjun, 2007.
"A simple modification to improve the finite sample properties of Ng and Perron's unit root tests,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 12-19, January.
- Pierre Perron & Zhongjun Qu, 2006. "A Simple Modification to Improve the Finite Sample Properties of Ng and Perron’s Unit Root Tests," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-010, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Harvey, David I. & Leybourne, Stephen J., 2014. "Asymptotic behaviour of tests for a unit root against an explosive alternative," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 64-68.
- Ulrich K. M¸ller & Graham Elliott, 2003. "Tests for Unit Roots and the Initial Condition," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1269-1286, July.
- Harvey, David I. & Leybourne, Stephen J. & Taylor, A.M. Robert, 2009.
"Unit Root Testing In Practice: Dealing With Uncertainty Over The Trend And Initial Condition,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 587-636, June.
- David I. Harvey & Stephen J. Leybourne & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2007. "Unit root testing in practice: dealing with uncertainty over the trend and initial condition," Discussion Papers 07/03, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Dickey, David A & Pantula, Sastry G, 1987. "Determining the Ordering of Differencing in Autoregressive Processes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(4), pages 455-461, October.
- Rodrigues, Paulo M.M. & Taylor, A.M. Robert, 2004. "On Tests For Double Differencing: Methods Of Demeaning And Detrending And The Role Of Initial Values," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(01), pages 95-115, February.
- David I. Harvey & Stephen J. Leybourne, 2005. "On testing for unit roots and the initial observation," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(1), pages 97-111, March.
More about this item
KeywordsDouble unit roots test; GLS-detrending; lag length selection; information criteria; uncertainty over the initial conditions; union of rejection;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gai:wpaper:0083. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gaidaru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.