Statistical Equilibrium Models for Sparse Economic Networks
Real markets can be naturally represented as networks, and they share with other social networks the fundamental property of sparsity, whereby agents are connected by l = O (n) relationships. The exponential networks model introduced by Park and Newman can be extended in order to deal with this property. When compared with alternative statistical models of a given real network, this extended model provides a better statistical justification for the observed network values. Consequently, it provides more reliable maximum entropy estimates of partially known networks than previously known ME techniques.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via delle Pandette 9 50127 - Firenze - Italy|
Phone: +39 055 2759582
Web page: http://www.disei.unifi.it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Iacopo Mastromatteo & Elia Zarinelli & Matteo Marsili, 2011. "Reconstruction of financial network for robust estimation of systemic risk," Papers 1109.6210, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2012.
- Bargigli, Leonardo & Gallegati, Mauro, 2011.
"Random digraphs with given expected degree sequences: A model for economic networks,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 396-411, May.
- Mauro Gallegati, 2011. "Random Digraphs with Given Expected Degree Sequences: A Model for Economic Networks," Post-Print hal-00989518, HAL.
- Iori, Giulia & De Masi, Giulia & Precup, Ovidiu Vasile & Gabbi, Giampaolo & Caldarelli, Guido, 2008. "A network analysis of the Italian overnight money market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 259-278, January.
- Iori, G. & Masi, G. D. & Precup, O. V. & Gabbi, G. & Caldarelli, G., 2005. "A network analysis of the Italian oversight money market," Working Papers 05/05, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Viaggiu, Stefano & Lionetto, Andrea & Bargigli, Leonardo & Longo, Michele, 2012. "Statistical ensembles for money and debt," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(20), pages 4839-4849.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:frz:wpaper:wp2013_25.rdf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giorgio Ricchiuti)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.