Rural non-farm income and inequality in Nigeria:
"This paper investigates the contribution of rural non-farm income to income inequality by examining the contribution of specific income sources (farm income from irrigated agriculture, farm income from rainfed agriculture and non-farm income) to income inequality in Nigeria. The results reveal the relative importance of specific income sources to income inequality and the various determinants of income inequality in rural Nigeria. Although non-farm income is distributed more unequally than incomes from the other two sources, it contributes least to overall income inequality. Farm income from irrigated agriculture represents the most important inequality-increasing source of income." from authors' abstract
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2033 K Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006|
Web page: http://www.ifpri.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Zhu, Nong, 2005.
"The role of non-farm incomes in reducing rural poverty and inequality in China,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
1001, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Zhu, Nong, 2005. "The Role of Non-Farm Incomes in Reducing Rural Poverty and Inequality in China," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7ts2z766, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Qiuqiong Huang & David Dawe & Scott Rozelle & Jikun Huang & Jinxia Wang, 2005.
"Irrigation, poverty and inequality in rural China ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(2), pages 159-175, 06.
- Huang, Qiuqiong & Dawe, David & Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun & Wang, Jinxia, 2005. "Irrigation, poverty and inequality in rural China," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(2), June.
- Carvalho, S. & White, H., 1997. "Combining the Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches to Poverty Measurement and Analysis. The Practice and the Potential," Papers 366, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Udry, C., 1991. "Risk, Insurance and Default in a Rural Credit Market: An Empirical Investigation in Northern Nigeria," Papers 636, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Udry, C., 1991. "A Competitive Analysis of Rural Credit : State-Contingent Loans in Northern Nigeria," Papers 630, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:899. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.