Does urban agriculture help prevent malnutrition?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ilo:ilowps:241938 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maxwell, Daniel G., 1995. "Alternative food security strategy: A household analysis of urban agriculture in Kampala," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1669-1681, October.
- Bigsten, Arne & Kayizzi-Mugerwa, Steve, 1992. "Adaptation and distress in the urban economy: A study of Kampala households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1423-1441, October.
- Jamal V., 1985. "Structural adjustment and food security in Uganda," ILO Working Papers 992419383402676, International Labour Organization.
- Engle, Patrice L. & Menon, Purnima & Haddad, Lawrence, 1999. "Care and Nutrition: Concepts and Measurement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1309-1337, August.
- Demery, Lionel & Squire, Lyn, 1996. "Macroeconomic Adjustment and Poverty in Africa: An Emerging Picture," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 39-59, February.
- Sahn, David E. & Dorosh, Paul & Younger, Stephen, 1996. "Exchange rate, fiscal and agricultural policies in Africa: Does adjustment hurt the poor?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 719-747, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tibesigwa, Byela & Visser, Martine, 2016. "Assessing Gender Inequality in Food Security among Small-holder Farm Households in urban and rural South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 33-49.
- Anríquez, Gustavo & Daidone, Silvio & Mane, Erdgin, 2013. "Rising food prices and undernourishment: A cross-country inquiry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 190-202.
- Garrett, James L. & Ruel, Marie T., 1999. "Are Determinants of Rural and Urban Food Security and Nutritional Status Different? Some Insights from Mozambique," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1955-1975, November.
- Ephraim w Chirwa & Harold pe Ngalawa, 2008. "Determinants Of Child Nutrition In Malawi," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(4), pages 628-640, December.
- Garrett, James L. & Ruel, Marie T., 1999. "Are determinants of rural and urban food security and nutritional status different?," FCND discussion papers 65, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Warren, Emily & Hawkesworth, Sophie & Knai, Cécile, 2015. "Investigating the association between urban agriculture and food security, dietary diversity, and nutritional status: A systematic literature review," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 54-66.
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2002. "Urbanisation, malnutrition des enfants et genre au Burkina Faso : une approche économétrique spatiale," Documents de travail 76, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
More about this item
KeywordsFood policies. ; Urban agriculture. ; Food security Household. ; Children Nutrition. ; Nutritional status ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:fcnddp:45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.