Soil degradation: a threat to developing-country food security by 2020?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alfsen, Knut H. & Bye, Torstein & Glomsrã˜D, Solveig & Wiig, Henrik, 1997. "Soil degradation and economic development in Ghana," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 119-143, May.
- Barbier, Bruno, 1996. "Impact of market and population pressure on production, incomes and natural resources in the dryland savannas of West Africa: bioeconomic modeling at the village level," EPTD discussion papers 21, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bojo, Jan, 1996. "The costs of land degradation in Sub-Saharan Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 161-173, February.
- Clay, Daniel & Reardon, Thomas & Kangasniemi, Jaakko, 1998.
"Sustainable Intensification in the Highland Tropics: Rwandan Farmers' Investments in Land Conservation and Soil Fertility,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 351-377, January.
- Clay, Daniel & Reardon, Thomas A. & Kangasniemi, Jaakko, 1995. "Sustainable Intensification in the Highland Tropics: Rwandan Farmers' Investments in Land Conservation and Soil Fertility," Staff Paper Series 201198, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Alfsen, Knut H. & De Franco, Mario A. & Glomsrod, Solveig & Johnsen, Torgeir, 1996. "The cost of soil erosion in Nicaragua," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 129-145, February.
- Byiringiro, Fidele & Reardon, Thomas, 1996. "Farm productivity in Rwanda: effects of farm size, erosion, and soil conservation investments," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 127-136, November.
- Cassman, K. G. & Harwood, R. R., 1995. "The nature of agricultural systems: food security and environmental balance," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 439-454, October.
- Dewees, Peter A. & Scherr, Sara J., 1996. "Policies and markets for non-timber tree products:," EPTD discussion papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:27-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Southgate, Douglas & Coxhead, Ian, 2009.
"Food Insecurity and Its Determinants in Asia and the Pacific,"
Staff Paper Series
534, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Southgate, Douglas & Coxhead, Ian A., 2009. "Food Insecurity and Its Determinants in Asia and the Pacific," Staff Papers 92221, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Joachim Von Braun, 2005.
"Agricultural economics and distributional effects,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 1-20, January.
- von Braun, Joachim, 2003. "Agricultural Economics and Distributional Effects," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245917, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Leisinger, Klaus M., 2000. "The 'Political Economy' of Agricultural Biotechnology for the Developing World," 2000 Conference, August 13-18, 2000, Berlin, Germany 197190, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hurni, H. & Osman-Elasha, B. & Barnett, A. & Herbert, A. & Idel, A. & Kairo, M. & Pascual-Gapasin, D. & Schneider, J. & Wiebe, K. & Cisse, G. & Clark, N. & de la Fuente, M. & Debele, B. & Giger, M. & , 2009. "Context, conceptual framework and sustainability indicators," IWMI Books, Reports H042790, International Water Management Institute.
- Ashwini Chhatre & Sripad Devalkar & Sridhar Seshadri, 2016. "Crop diversification and risk management in Indian agriculture," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 43(2), pages 167-179, June.
- Singha, C., 2018. "Analysing adoption of soil conservation measures by farmers in Darjeeling district, India," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277549, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ranjan, Ram, 2014. "Linking common property resource management to human capital outcomes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 139-153.
- Alice Pell, 1999. "Integrated Crop–livestock Management Systems in Sub-saharan Africa," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 337-348, September.
- Headey, Derek D. & Jayne, T.S., 2014. "Adaptation to land constraints: Is Africa different?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 18-33.
- repec:ags:iwmibc:129843 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ramasamy, C., 2004. "Constraints to Growth in Indian Agriculture: Needed Technology, Resource Management and Trade Strategies," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 59(1), pages 1-41.
- Obare, Gideon A. & Mwakubo, Samuel M. & Ouma, Emily Awuor & Mohammed, Lutta & Omiti, John M., 2004. "Social Capital and Soil Erosion Control in Agriculturally Marginal Areas of Kenya: The Case of Machakos and Taita-Taveta Districts," 2004 Inaugural Symposium, December 6-8, 2004, Nairobi, Kenya 9532, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Rosen, Stacey L. & Wiebe, Keith D., 2001. "Resource Quality, Agricultural Productivity, And Food Security," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20737, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsSoil degradation Developing countries.; Food security Developing countries.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:2020dp:27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.