Soil degradation: a threat to developing-country food security by 2020?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul & Rosegrant, Mark W., 1997. "The world food situation," Food policy reports 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Williams, Meryl, 1996. "The transition in the contribution of living aquatic resources to food security," 2020 vision briefs 32, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Delgado, Christopher L. & Courbois, Claude & Rosegrant, Mark W., 1998. "Global food demand and the contribution of livestock as we enter the new millennium," MTID discussion papers 21, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Anderson, Kym & Dimaranan, Betina V. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Martin, William J., 1997.
"Asia-Pacific food markets and trade in 2005: a global, economy-wide perspective,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 41(1), March.
- Anderson, Kym & Dimaranan, Betina & Hertel, Thomas W & Martin, Will, 1996. "Asia-Pacific Food Markets and Trade in 2005: A Global, Economy-wide Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 1474, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Goodland, Robert, 1997. "Environmental sustainability in agriculture: diet matters," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 189-200, December.
- Staal, Steven & Delgado, Christopher & Nicholson, Charles, 1997. "Smallholder dairying under transactions costs in East Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 779-794, May.
- Sharma, Manohar & Garcia, Marito & Qureshi, Aamir & Brown, Lynn R., 1996. "Overcoming malnutrition: is there an ecoregional dimension?," 2020 vision discussion papers 10, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Teklu, Tesfaye & von Braun, Joachim & Zaki, Elsayed & Ali, Ahmed, 1991. "Drought and famine relationships in Sudan: policy implications," Research reports 88, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Huang, Jikun & Bouis, Howarth E., 1996.
"Structural changes in the demand for food in Asia,"
2020 vision briefs
41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Huang, Jikun. & Bouis, Howarth E., 1996. "Structural changes in the demand for food in Asia.:," 2020 vision discussion papers 11, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Adams, Richard H. Jr. & He, Jane J., 1995. "Sources of income inequality and poverty in rural Pakistan:," Research reports 102, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Agcaoili-Sombilla, Mercedita C. & Perez, Nicostrato D., 1995. "Global food projections to 2020: implications for investment," 2020 vision discussion papers 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Williams, Meryl., 1996. "The transition in the contribution of living aquatic resources to food security.:," 2020 vision discussion papers 13, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- B. Fitch, James & Soliman, Ibrahim, 1983. "Livestock and Small Farmer Labor Supply," MPRA Paper 66806, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Ringler, Claudia, 2000. "Asian economic crisis and the long-term global food situation," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 243-254, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joachim von Braun, 2005.
"Agricultural economics and distributional effects,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 1-20, January.
- von Braun, Joachim, 2003. "Agricultural Economics and Distributional Effects," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245917, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Leisinger, Klaus M., 2000. "The 'Political Economy' of Agricultural Biotechnology for the Developing World," 2000 Conference, August 13-18, 2000, Berlin, Germany 197190, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hurni, H. & Osman-Elasha, B. & Barnett, A. & Herbert, A. & Idel, A. & Kairo, M. & Pascual-Gapasin, D. & Schneider, J. & Wiebe, K. & Cisse, G. & Clark, N. & de la Fuente, M. & Debele, B. & Giger, M. & , 2009. "Context, conceptual framework and sustainability indicators," IWMI Books, Reports H042790, International Water Management Institute.
- Ashwini Chhatre & Sripad Devalkar & Sridhar Seshadri, 2016. "Crop diversification and risk management in Indian agriculture," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 43(2), pages 167-179, June.
- Ranjan, Ram, 2014. "Linking common property resource management to human capital outcomes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 139-153.
- Alice Pell, 1999. "Integrated Crop–livestock Management Systems in Sub-saharan Africa," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 337-348, September.
- Headey, Derek D. & Jayne, T.S., 2014. "Adaptation to land constraints: Is Africa different?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 18-33.
- Ramasamy, C., 2004. "Constraints to Growth in Indian Agriculture: Needed Technology, Resource Management and Trade Strategies," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 59(1).
- Obare, Gideon A. & Mwakubo, Samuel M. & Ouma, Emily Awuor & Mohammed, Lutta & Omiti, John M., 2004. "Social Capital and Soil Erosion Control in Agriculturally Marginal Areas of Kenya: The Case of Machakos and Taita-Taveta Districts," 2004 Inaugural Symposium, December 6-8, 2004, Nairobi, Kenya 9532, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Rosen, Stacey L. & Wiebe, Keith D., 2001. "Resource Quality, Agricultural Productivity, And Food Security," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20737, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsSoil degradation Developing countries.; Food security Developing countries.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:2020br:58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.