A time-varying threshold STAR model of unemployment and the natural rate
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dick van Dijk & Timo Terasvirta & Philip Hans Franses, 2002.
"Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models — A Survey Of Recent Developments,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-47.
- van Dijk, D.J.C. & Terasvirta, T. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2000. "Smooth transition autoregressive models - A survey of recent developments," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2000-23/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- van Dijk, Dick & Teräsvirta, Timo & Franses, Philip Hans, 2000. "Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models - A Survey of Recent Developments," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 380, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 17 Jan 2001.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1996.
"Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 409-431, August.
- Siddhartha Chib & Edward Greenberg, 1994. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics," Econometrics 9408001, EconWPA, revised 23 Feb 1995.
- Chinhui Juhn & Simon Potter & Marcelle Chauvet, 2002.
"Markov switching in disaggregate unemployment rates,"
Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 205-232.
- Marcelle Chauvet & Chinhui Juhn & Simon M. Potter, 2001. "Markov switching in disaggregate unemployment rates," Staff Reports 132, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Basistha, Arabinda & Nelson, Charles R., 2007. "New measures of the output gap based on the forward-looking new Keynesian Phillips curve," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 498-511, March.
- Michael J. Dueker & Zacharias Psaradakis & Martin Sola & Fabio Spagnolo, 2010. "State-Dependent Threshold STAR Models," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 818.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Clark, Peter K., 1989. "Trend reversion in real output and unemployment," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 15-32, January.
- Tara M. Sinclair, 2009.
"The Relationships between Permanent and Transitory Movements in U.S. Output and the Unemployment Rate,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(2-3), pages 529-542, March.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Sinclair(2009) bivariate state-space model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00151, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Michael T. Owyang, 2001. "Persistence, excess volatility, and volatility clusters in inflation," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov., pages 41-52.
- Skalin, Joakim & Ter svirta, Timo, 2002.
"Modeling Asymmetries And Moving Equilibria In Unemployment Rates,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 202-241, April.
- Skalin, Joakim & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1998. "Modelling asymmetries and moving equilibria in unemployment rates," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 262, Stockholm School of Economics, revised Jul 1999.
- Philippe J. Deschamps, 2008.
"Comparing smooth transition and Markov switching autoregressive models of US unemployment,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 435-462.
- Deschamps, Philippe J., 2007. "Comparing smooth transition and Markov switching autoregressive models of US Unemployment," DQE Working Papers 7, Department of Quantitative Economics, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland, revised 04 Jun 2008.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhu, Yanli & Chen, Haiqiang, 2017. "The asymmetry of U.S. monetary policy: Evidence from a threshold Taylor rule with time-varying threshold values," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 473(C), pages 522-535.
More about this item
KeywordsTime-series analysis ; Capital assets pricing model ; Unemployment;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ETS-2010-10-16 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-LAB-2010-10-16 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlwp:2010-029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .