Estimating the long-run relationship between interest rates and inflation: A response to McCallum
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1984. "Estimating the Long-Run Relationship Between Interest Rates and Inflation: A Response to McCallum," NBER Working Papers 1448, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1976. "Rational Expectations and the Natural Rate Hypothesis: Some Consistent Estimates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 43-52, January.
- Sargent, Thomas J, 1971. "A Note on the 'Accelerationist' Controversy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 721-725, August.
- Martin Feldstein & Lawrence Summers, 1983.
"Inflation, Tax Rules, and the Long-term Interest Rate,"
NBER Chapters,in: Inflation, Tax Rules, and Capital Formation, pages 153-185
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein & Lawrence Summers, 1978. "Inflation, Tax Rules, and the Long Term-Interest Rate," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 9(1), pages 61-110.
- Martin Feldstein & Lawrence H. Summers, 1979. "Inflation, Tax Rules, and the Long Term Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 0232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F, 1974. "Band Spectrum Regression," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(1), pages 1-11, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moazzami, Bakhtiar & Gupta, Kanhaya L., 1995. "The quantity theory of money and its long-run implications," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 667-682.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis, 2001.
"Sticky Information: A Model of Monetary Nonneutrality and Structural Slumps,"
NBER Working Papers
8614, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis, 2001. "Sticky Information: A Model of Monetary Nonneutrality and Structural Slumps," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1941, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Markus J. Granziol & Anna Holzgang, 1988. "The Contribution of Inflation to the Level and the Variability of Nominal Interest Rates : Some Multi-Country Evidence," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 124(IV), pages 559-573, December.
- Muscatelli, Vito Antonio & Spinelli, Franco, 2000. "Fisher, Barro, and the Italian Interest Rate, 1845-93," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 149-169, March.
- Erol, Umit & Balkan, Erol M., 1996. "How financial markets process money information: A re-examination of evidence using band spectrum regression," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 639-656.
- Fabio Busetti & Michele Caivano, 2017. "Low frequency drivers of the real interest rate: a band spectrum regression approach," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1132, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:18:y:1986:i:1:p:77-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566 .