Interest Rates or Haircuts? Prices Versus Quantities in the Market for Collateralized Risky Loans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ana Fostel & John Geanakoplos, 2012. "Leverage and Default in Binomial Economies: A Complete Characterization," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1877RRR, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Mar 2015.
- Ana Fostel & John Geanakoplos, 2014. "Endogenous Collateral Constraints and the Leverage Cycle," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 771-799, August.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Ana Fostel & John Geanakoplos, 2015. "Leverage and Default in Binomial Economies: A Complete Characterization," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 83, pages 2191-2229, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Breach , Tomas & King, Thomas B., 2018. "Securities Financing and Asset Markets: New Evidence," Working Paper Series WP-2018-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
More about this item
Keywordsleverage cycle; margins; financial crises; repo; risk; collateral; belief disagreements;
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2017-01-01 (Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2017-01-01 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2017-01-01 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhwp:wp-2016-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.