The importance of check-cashing businesses to the unbanked: racial/ethnic differences
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sherrie L. W. Rhine & William H. Greene & Maude Toussaint-Comeau, 2006. "The Importance of Check-Cashing Businesses to the Unbanked: Racial/Ethnic Differences," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 146-157, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Constance R. Dunham, 2001. "The role of banks and nonbanks in serving low- and moderate income communities," Proceedings 903, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Joseph J. Doyle & Jose A. Lopez & Marc R. Saidenberg, 1998. "How effective is lifeline banking in assisting the 'unbanked'?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 4(Jun).
- Arthur B. Kennickell & Martha Starr-McCluer & Annika E. Sunden, 1997. "Family finances in the U.S.: recent evidence from the Survey of Consumer Finances," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jan, pages 1-24.
- Sherrie L. W. Rhine & Maude Toussaint-Comeau & Jeanne M. Hogarth & William H. Greene, 2001. "The role of alternative financial service providers in serving LMI neighborhoods," Proceedings 785, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jong-Il Kim & Lawrence J. Lau, 1996. "The sources of Asian Pacific economic growth," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 448-454, April.
- Edward Simpson Prescott & Daniel D. Tatar, 1999. "Means of payment, the unbanked, and EFT '99," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 49-70.
- anonymous, 1999. "Banking relationships of lower-income families and the governmental trend toward electronic payment," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jul, pages 459-473.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allen, Franklin & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2016.
"The foundations of financial inclusion: Understanding ownership and use of formal accounts,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-30.
- Allen, Franklin & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora & Peria, Maria Soledad Martinez, 2012. "The foundations of financial inclusion : understanding ownership and use of formal accounts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6290, The World Bank.
- Smriti Rao & Hazel Malapit, 2015. "Gender, Household Structure and Financial Participation in the United States," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 606-620, December.
- Leora Klapper & Sandeep Singh, 2015. "The Gender Gap in the Use of Financial Services in Turkey," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25412, The World Bank.
- Miriam Marcén, 2012. "Labour and leisure costs of informal caregivers," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 449-455.
- Stanley, Denise & Bhattacharya, Radha, 2008. "The informal financial sector in the U.S.: The role of remittances," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Nestor Gandelman, 2008. "Hogares encabezados por mujeres y propiedad de la vivienda en América Latina," Research Department Publications 3253, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Seligman, Jason S. & Bose, Rana, 2012. "Learning by doing: Active employer sponsored retirement savings plan participation and household wealth accumulation," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 162-172.
- Nestor Gandelman, 2008.
"Female-Headed Households and Homeownership in Latin America,"
Research Department Publications
3252, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Néstor Gandelman, 2008. "Female-Headed Households and Homeownership in Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3309, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Julie Birkenmaier & Qiang Fu, 2016. "The Association of Alternative Financial Services Usage and Financial Access: Evidence from the National Financial Capability Study," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 450-460, September.
- Christelis, Dimitris & Georgarakos, Dimitris, 2013.
"Investing at home and abroad: Different costs, different people?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2069-2086.
- Dimitrios Christelis & Dimitris Georgarakos, 2008. "Investing at Home and Abroad: Different Costs, Different People?," CSEF Working Papers 188, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 10 Jan 2013.
- Christelis, Dimitris & Georgarakos, Dimitris, 2009. "Investing at home and abroad: Different costs, different people," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/28, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Goodstein, Ryan M. & Rhine, Sherrie L.W., 2017. "The effects of bank and nonbank provider locations on household use of financial transaction services," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 91-107.
- Elliott, William & Kim, Johnny S., 2013. "The role of identity-based motivation and solution-focus brief therapy in unifying accounts and financial education in school-related CDA programs," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 402-410.
- Michal Grinstein-Weiss & Yeong Yeo & Mathieu Despard & Adriane Casalotti & Min Zhan, 2010. "Does Prior Banking Experience Matter? Differences of the Banked and Unbanked in Individual Development Accounts," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 212-227, June.
- Bracha, Anat & Meier, Stephan, 2014. "Nudging credit scores in the field: the effect of text reminders on creditworthiness in the United States," Working Papers 15-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Silvia Helena Barcellos & James P. Smith & Joanne K. Yoong & Leandro Siqueira Carvalho, 2012. "Barriers to Immigrant Use of Financial Services The Role of Language Skills, U.S. Experience, and Return Migration Expectations," Working Papers WR-923-SSA, RAND Corporation.
- repec:eee:econom:v:199:y:2017:i:1:p:63-73 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNonbank financial institutions ; Debt management ; Checks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhwp:wp-03-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .