Are firms or workers behind the shift away from DB pension plan?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leslie E. Papke & Mitchell A. Petersen & James M. Poterba, 1996.
"Do 401(k) Plans Replace Other Employer-Provided Pensions?,"
NBER Chapters, in: Advances in the Economics of Aging, pages 219-240,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leslie E. Papke & Mitchell Petersen & James M. Poterba, 1993. "Did 401(k) Plans Replace Other Employer Provided Pensions?," NBER Working Papers 4501, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Neumark, 2000. "Changes in Job Stability and Job Security: A Collective Effort to Untangle, Reconcile, and Interpret the Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne Bertrand, 2004.
"From the Invisible Handshake to the Invisible Hand? How Import Competition Changes the Employment Relationship,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(4), pages 723-766, October.
- Marianne Bertrand, 1998. "From the Invisible Handshake to the Invisible Hand? How Import Competition Changes the Employment Relationship," Working Papers 789, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Marianne Bertrand, 1999. "From the Invisible Handshake to the Invisible Hand? How Import Competition Changes the Employment Relationship," NBER Working Papers 6900, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Louis Clark & Ann A. McDermed, 1990. "The Choice of Pension Plans in a Changing Regulatory Environment," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 920432, September.
- Coronado, Julia Lynn & Copeland, Philip C., 2004. "Cash balance pension plan conversions and the new economy," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(3), pages 297-314, November.
- John M. Abowd & Paul A. Lengermann & Kevin L. McKinney, 2002. "The Measurement of Human Capital in the U.S. Economy," Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Technical Papers 2002-09, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau, revised Mar 2003.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rauh, Joshua D. & Stefanescu, Irina & Zeldes, Stephen P., 2020. "Cost saving and the freezing of corporate pension plans," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 188(C).
- Josiah, J. & Gough, O. & Haslam, J. & Shah, N., 2014. "Corporate reporting implication in migrating from defined benefit to defined contribution pension schemes: A focus on the UK," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 18-37.
- Leora Friedberg & Michael Owyang, 2004.
"Explaining the Evolution of Pension Structure and Job Tenure,"
NBER Working Papers
10714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leora Friedberg & Michael T. Owyang, 2004. "Explaining the evolution of pension structure and job tenure," Working Papers 2002-022, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Itzik Fadlon & Jessica Laird & Torben Heien Nielsen, 2016.
"Do Employer Pension Contributions Reflect Employee Preferences? Evidence from a Retirement Savings Reform in Denmark,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 196-216, July.
- Itzik Fadlon & Jessica A. Laird & Torben Heien Nielsen, 2015. "Do Employer Pension Contributions Reflect Employee Preferences? Evidence from a Retirement Savings Reform in Denmark," NBER Working Papers 21665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Boyer & Franca Glenzer, 2016. "Pensions, annuities, and long-term care insurance: On the impact of risk screening," Cahiers de recherche 1603, Chaire de recherche Industrielle Alliance sur les enjeux économiques des changements démographiques.
- Broeders, Dirk & Chen, An, 2010.
"Pension regulation and the market value of pension liabilities: A contingent claims analysis using Parisian options,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1201-1214, June.
- Dirk Broeders & An Chen, 2008. "Pension regulation and the market value of pension liabilities - a contingent claims analysis using Parisian options," DNB Working Papers 183, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Alicia H. Munnell & Kelly Haverstick & Geoffrey Sanzenbacher, 2006. "Job Tenure and Pension Coverage," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2006-18, Center for Retirement Research, revised Oct 2006.
More about this item
KeywordsRetirement income; Defined contribution pension plans; Defined benefit pension plans;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2005-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.