State user costs of capital
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1985. "Business Location Decisions in the United States: Estimates of the Effects of Unionization, Taxes, and Other Characteristics of States," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(1), pages 14-22, January.
- Holden, Darryl R & Nairn, Alasdair G M & Swales, J K, 1989. "Shift-Share Analysis of Regional Growth and Policy: A Critique," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(1), pages 15-34, February.
- Robert Tannenwald, 1996. "State business tax climate: how should it be measured and how important is it?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 23-38.
- Papke, Leslie E., 1991.
"Interstate business tax differentials and new firm location : Evidence from panel data,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 47-68, June.
- Leslie E. Papke, 1989. "Interstate Business Tax Differentials and New Firm Location: Evidence from Panel Data," NBER Working Papers 3184, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Don Fullerton, 1983. "Which Effective Tax Rate?," NBER Working Papers 1123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlton, Dennis W, 1983. "The Location and Employment Choices of New Firms: An Econometric Model with Discrete and Continuous Endogenous Variables," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 440-449, August.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1998. "The Taxation of Discrete Investment Choices," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 98/08, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Peter S. Fisher & Alan H. Peters, 1998. "Industrial Incentives: Competition among American Cities and States," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number ii, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bental, Benjamin & Demougin, Dominique, 2010. "Declining labor shares and bargaining power: An institutional explanation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 443-456, March.
- Christian Nsiah & Chen Wu & Walter Mayer, 2012. "An analysis of US State’s export performance in the Asian Market," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(2), pages 533-550, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Feld, Lars P. & Kirchgassner, Gebhard, 2003.
"The impact of corporate and personal income taxes on the location of firms and on employment: some panel evidence for the Swiss cantons,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 129-155, January.
- Lars P. Feld & Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2001. "The Impact of Corporate and Personal Income Taxes on the Location of Firms and on Employment: Some Panel Evidence for the Swiss Cantons," CESifo Working Paper Series 455, CESifo.
- Theodore M. Crone, 1997. "Where have all the factory jobs gone - and why?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue May, pages 3-18.
- Niklas Elert, 2014. "What determines entry? Evidence from Sweden," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 53(1), pages 55-92, August.
- Juan Carlos Suárez Serrato & Owen Zidar, 2016.
"Who Benefits from State Corporate Tax Cuts? A Local Labor Markets Approach with Heterogeneous Firms,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 106(9), pages 2582-2624, September.
- Juan Carlos Suárez Serrato & Owen Zidar, 2014. "Who Benefits from State Corporate Tax Cuts? A Local Labor Markets Approach with Heterogeneous Firms," NBER Working Papers 20289, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan Carlos Suárez Serrato & Owen Zidar, 2015. "Who benefits from state corporate tax cuts? A local labour markets approach with heterogeneous firms," Working Papers 1502, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Kim, Hyungtai & Ahn, Sanghoon & Ulfarsson, Gudmundur F., 2018. "Transportation infrastructure investment and the location of new manufacturing around South Korea's West Coast Expressway," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 146-154.
- Rohlin, Shawn & Rosenthal, Stuart S. & Ross, Amanda, 2014. "Tax avoidance and business location in a state border model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 34-49.
- Button, Patrick, 2019.
"Do tax incentives affect business location and economic development? Evidence from state film incentives,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 315-339.
- Button, Patrick, 2019. "Do Tax Incentives Affect Business Location and Economic Development? Evidence from State Film Incentives," IZA Discussion Papers 12225, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Patrick Button, 2019. "Do Tax Incentives Affect Business Location and Economic Development? Evidence from State Film Incentives," NBER Working Papers 25963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmidheiny, Kurt & Brülhart, Marius, 2011.
"On the equivalence of location choice models: Conditional logit, nested logit and Poisson,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 214-222, March.
- Brülhart, Marius & Schmidheiny, Kurt, 2009. "On the Equivalence of Location Choice Models: Conditional Logit, Nested Logit and Poisson," CEPR Discussion Papers 7379, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kurt Schmidheiny & Marius Brülhart, 2009. "On the equivalence of location choice models: conditional logit, nested logit and poisson," Working Papers 2009/14, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Kurt Schmidheiny & Marius Brülhart, 2009. "On the Equivalence of Location Choice Models: Conditional Logit, Nested Logit and Poisson," CESifo Working Paper Series 2726, CESifo.
- Michael Wasylenko, 1997. "Taxation and economic development: the state of the economic literature," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 37-52.
- Jordi Jofre‐Monseny, 2009. "The scope of agglomeration economies: Evidence from Catalonia," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(3), pages 575-590, August.
- Mitch Kunce & John List, 1998. "Industry chasing and the tax effect: a question of approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(6), pages 347-350.
- Jerome Segura III, 2017. "The effect of state and local taxes on economic growth: A spatial dynamic panel approach," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(3), pages 627-645, August.
- Head, C. Keith & Ries, John C. & Swenson, Deborah L., 1999. "Attracting foreign manufacturing: Investment promotion and agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 197-218, March.
- Bondonio, Daniele & Engberg, John, 2000. "Enterprise zones and local employment: evidence from the states' programs," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 519-549, September.
- de Mooij, Ruud A & Ederveen, Sjef, 2003.
"Taxation and Foreign Direct Investment: A Synthesis of Empirical Research,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(6), pages 673-693, November.
- Ruud de Mooij & S. Ederveen, 2001. "Taxation and foreign direct investment; a synthesis of empirical research," CPB Discussion Paper 3.rdf, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Ruud A. De Mooij & Sjef Ederveen, 2001. "Taxation and Foreign Direct Investment: A Synthesis of Empirical Research," CESifo Working Paper Series 588, CESifo.
- Stephan F. Gohmann & Bradley K. Hobbs & Myra McCrickard, 2008. "Economic Freedom and Service Industry Growth in the United States," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 32(5), pages 855-874, September.
- Marius Brülhart & Kurt Schmidheiny, 2015.
"Estimating The Rivalness Of State-Level Inward Fdi,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 139-148, January.
- Marius Brülhart & Kurt Schmidheiny, 2011. "Estimating the rivalness of state-level inward FDI," Working Papers 2011/36, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Nalin Kumar Ramaul & Pinki Ramaul, 2018. "Regional Incentives and Location Choice of New Firms in India: A Nested Logit Model," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 16(2), pages 501-525, June.
- Simon CONDLIFFE & William R. LATHAM, 2006.
"Not So Footloose After All: Locational Behavior Of Information Technology Establishments In The United States, 1989-1998,"
Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 24, pages 45-60.
- William R. Latham & Simon Condliffe, 2005. "Not So Footloose after All: Locational Behavior of Information Technology Establishments in the United States, 1989-1998," Working Papers 05-15, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Josep‐Maria Arauzo‐Carod & Daniel Liviano‐Solis & Miguel Manjón‐Antolín, 2010.
"Empirical Studies In Industrial Location: An Assessment Of Their Methods And Results,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 685-711, August.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Liviano Solís, Daniel & Manjón Antolín, Miguel C., 2008. "Empirical studies in industrial location: an assessment of their methods and results," Working Papers 2072/9257, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsState finance; Taxation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbwp:01-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.