Valuing the Cultural Monuments of Armenia: Bayesian Updating of Prior Beliefs in Contingent Valuation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anna Alberini & Alberto Longo, 2009. "Valuing the cultural monuments of Armenia: Bayesian updating of prior beliefs in contingent valuation," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(2), pages 441-460, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas Noonan, 2003. "Contingent Valuation and Cultural Resources: A Meta-Analytic Review of the Literature," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 27(3), pages 159-176, November.
- David Throsby, 2003. "Determining the Value of Cultural Goods: How Much (or How Little) Does Contingent Valuation Tell Us?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 27(3), pages 275-285, November.
- Viscusi, W. Kip, 1985. "A Bayesian perspective on biases in risk perception," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 59-62.
- Jennifer Tkac, 1998. "The Effects of Information on Willingness-to-Pay Values of Endangered Species," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1214-1220.
- Soma Bhattacharya & Anna Alberini & Maureen Cropper, 2007.
"The value of mortality risk reductions in Delhi, India,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 21-47, February.
- Bhattacharya, Soma & Alberini, Anna & Cropper, Maureen L., 2006. "The value of mortality risk reductions in Delhi, India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3995, The World Bank.
- Ajzen, Icek & Brown, Thomas C. & Rosenthal, Lori H., 1996. "Information Bias in Contingent Valuation: Effects of Personal Relevance, Quality of Information, and Motivational Orientation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 43-57, January.
- Ian J. Bateman & Richard T. Carson & Brett Day & Michael Hanemann & Nick Hanley & Tannis Hett & Michael Jones-Lee & Graham Loomes, 2002. "Economic Valuation with Stated Preference Techniques," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2639.
- Viscusi, W Kip & O'Connor, Charles J, 1984. "Adaptive Responses to Chemical Labeling: Are Workers Bayesian Decision Makers?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 942-956, December.
- Viscusi, W Kip, 1989. "Prospective Reference Theory: Toward an Explanation of the Paradoxes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 235-263, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea Leiter & Gerald Pruckner, 2009.
"Proportionality of Willingness to Pay to Small Changes in Risk: The Impact of Attitudinal Factors in Scope Tests,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(2), pages 169-186, February.
- Andrea M. Leiter & Gerald J. Pruckner, "undated". "Proportionality of willingness to pay to small changes in risk - The impact of attitudinal factors in scope tests," Working Papers 2007-30, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Liao, Shu-Yi & Tseng, Wei-Chun & Chen, Chi-Chung, 2010. "Eliciting public preference for nuclear energy against the backdrop of global warming," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7054-7069, November.
- Turner, Robert & Willmarth, Blake, 2014. "Valuation of Cultural and Natural Resources in North Cascades National Park: Results from a Tournament-Style Contingent Choice Survey," Working Papers 2014-01, Department of Economics, Colgate University, revised 23 Jan 2014.
- Longo, Alberto & Boeri, Marco, 2014. "Information, Random Regret Minimisation, Random Utility Maximisation: Willingness to pay for Renewable Energy," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182670, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:253-260 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mirko Moro & Karen Mayor & SeÃ¡n Lyons & Richard S J Tol, 2013.
"Does the Housing Market Reflect Cultural Heritage? A Case Study of Greater Dublin,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 45(12), pages 2884-2903, December.
- Mirko Moro & Karen Mayor & SeÃ¡n Lyons & Richard S J Tol, 2013. "Does the housing market reflect cultural heritage? A case study of Greater Dublin," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 45(12), pages 2884-2903, December.
- Moro, Mirko & Mayor, Karen & Lyons, Seán & Tol, Richard S. J., 2011. "Does the housing market reflect cultural heritage? A case study of Greater Dublin," Papers WP386, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Lyons, Sean & Mayor, Karen & Moro, Mirko & Tol, Richard S J, 2011. "Does the housing market reflect cultural heritage? A case study of Greater Dublin," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2011-07, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Wright, William C.C. & Eppink, Florian V., 2016. "Drivers of heritage value: A meta-analysis of monetary valuation studies of cultural heritage," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 277-284.
- Katuwal, Hari & Venn, Tyron J. & Paveglio, Travis & Prato, Tony, 2015. "Effects of Information Framing and Information Seeking Behavior on Willingness-to-pay for a Wildfire Management Program," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205645, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsValuation of Cultural Heritage Sites; Non-Market Valuation; Contingent Valuation; Bayesian Updating; Prior Beliefs;
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2007-05-12 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2007-05-12 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2007-05-12 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2007.36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.