Labour or Total Factor Productivity: Do We Need to Choose?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Timothy C. Sargent & Edgard R. Rodriguez, 2000. "Labour or Total Factor Productivity: Do We Need to Choose?," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 1, pages 41-44, Fall.
References listed on IDEAS
- D. W. Jorgenson & Z. Griliches, 1967. "The Explanation of Productivity Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 249-283.
- Charles R. Hulten, 2000. "Total Factor Productivity: A Short Biography," NBER Working Papers 7471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul M, 1987. "Growth Based on Increasing Returns Due to Specialization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 56-62, May.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Krusell, Per, 1997.
"Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 342-362, June.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1995. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9510, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1996. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," RCER Working Papers 420, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D. Roderick Kiewiet, 2016. "What’s Right, and What’s Wrong, with “What is Wrong with the West’s Economies?” by Edmund Phelps," Homo Oeconomicus: Journal of Behavioral and Institutional Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 11-18, August.
- Carlo Bernini Carri, 2005. "Productivity Growth and Convergence between Agriculture and Industry in EU Countries," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 4, November.
- Mohamed Amara & Khaled Thabet, 2016. "Firm and Regional Factors of Productivity: A Multilevel Analysis of Tunisian Manufacturing," Working Papers 1041, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2016.
- Laura Hospido & Eva Moreno-Galbis, 2015.
"The Spanish productivity puzzle in the Great Recession,"
1501, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Hospido, Laura & Moreno-Galbis, Eva, 2015. "The Spanish Productivity Puzzle in the Great Recession," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1510, CEPREMAP.
- Hospido, Laura & Moreno-Galbis, Eva, 2015. "The Spanish Productivity Puzzle in the Great Recession," IZA Discussion Papers 8891, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mohamed Amara & AbdelRahmen El Lahga, 2015. "A note on MAR and Jacobs externalities in the Tunisian manufacturing industries," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 151-167, July.
- Andreas, Eder & Bernhard, Mahlberg & Bernhard, Stürmer, 2017. "Measuring and explaining productivity growth of renewable energy producers: An empirical study of Austrian biogas plants," MPRA Paper 79826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bjuggren, Carl Magnus, 2018.
"Employment protection and labor productivity,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 138-157.
- Bjuggren, Carl Magnus, 2013. "The Effect of Employment Protection Rules on Firm Productivity - A Natural Experiment," HUI Working Papers 82, HUI Research, revised 30 Oct 2013.
- Bjuggren, Carl Magnus, 2015. "Employment Protection and Labor Productivity," Working Paper Series 1061, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 30 Nov 2017.
- Erdal Atukeren, 2005. "R&D Races and Spillovers between the EU and the US: Some Causal Evidence," KOF Working papers 05-105, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Alexander Murray, 2016. "Partial versus Total Factor Productivity: Assessing Resource Use in Natural Resource Industries in Canada," CSLS Research Reports 2016-20, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Khaled Elmawazini & Gamal Atallah & Sonny Nwankwo & Yazid Dissou, 2013. "US Foreign Affiliates, Technology Diffusion and Host Country Human Development: Human Development Index versus Human Capital," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 69-91, January.
- Jitao Tang & Rosanne Altshuler, 2015.
"The spillover effects of outward foreign direct investment on home countries: evidence from the United States,"
1503, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Jitao Tang & Rosanne Altshuler, 2015. "The Spillover Effects Of Outward Foreign Direct Investment On Home Countries: Evidence From The United States," Departmental Working Papers 201501, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Başak Dalgıç & Burcu Fazlıoğlu & Deniz Karaoğlan, 2015.
"Entry to foreign markets and productivity: Evidence from a matched sample of Turkish manufacturing firms,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(5), pages 638-659, August.
- Basak Dalgic & Burcu Fazlioglu & Deniz Karaoglan, 2014. "Entry to Foreign Markets and Productivity: Evidence from a Matched Sample of Turkish Manufacturing Firms," ERC Working Papers 1403, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised May 2014.
- Khaled Elmawazini, 2014. "FDI Spillovers, Efficiency Change and Host Country Labor Productivity: Evidence from GCC Countries," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 42(4), pages 399-411, December.
- Carrera, Leandro N. & Dunleavy, Patrick & Bastow, Simon, 2009. "Understanding productivity trends in UK tax collection," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25532, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Stephen Knowles & P. Dorian Owen, 2002. "Social Divergence and Productivity: Making a Connection," The Review of Economic Performance and Social Progress,in: Andrew Sharpe, Executive Director & France St-Hilaire, Vice-President , Research & Keith Banting, Di (ed.), The Review of Economic Performance and Social Progress 2002: Towards a Social Understanding of Productivity, volume 2 Centre for the Study of Living Standards;The Institutute for Research on Public Policy.
- Andrew Sharpe, 2001. "Productivity Trends in the Construction Sector in Canada: A Case of Lagging Technical Progress," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 3, pages 52-68, Fall.
- Andrew Sharpe & Olivier Guibaud, 2005. "Indicators of Innovation in Canadian Natural Resource Industries," CSLS Research Reports 2005-03, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Tibor Lalinsky, 2013. "Firm competitiveness determinants: results of a panel data analysis," Working and Discussion Papers WP 4/2013, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
More about this item
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
- E13 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Neoclassical
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fca:wpfnca:2001-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Durango). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fingvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.