Labour or Total Factor Productivity: Do We Need to Choose?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Timothy C. Sargent & Edgard R. Rodriguez, "undated". "Labour or Total Factor Productivity: Do We Need to Choose?," Working Papers-Department of Finance Canada 2001-04, Department of Finance Canada.
References listed on IDEAS
- D. W. Jorgenson & Z. Griliches, 1967. "The Explanation of Productivity Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 249-283.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Krusell, Per, 1997.
"Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 342-362, June.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1995. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9510, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1996. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," RCER Working Papers 420, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Charles R. Hulten, 2000. "Total Factor Productivity: A Short Biography," NBER Working Papers 7471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul M, 1987. "Growth Based on Increasing Returns Due to Specialization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 56-62, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D. Roderick Kiewiet, 2016. "What’s Right, and What’s Wrong, with “What is Wrong with the West’s Economies?” by Edmund Phelps," Homo Oeconomicus: Journal of Behavioral and Institutional Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 11-18, August.
- Carlo Bernini Carri, 2005. "Productivity Growth and Convergence between Agriculture and Industry in EU Countries," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 4, November.
- Mohamed Amara & Khaled Thabet, 2016. "Firm and Regional Factors of Productivity: A Multilevel Analysis of Tunisian Manufacturing," Working Papers 1041, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2016.
- Laura Hospido & Eva Moreno-Galbis, 2015.
"The Spanish productivity puzzle in the Great Recession,"
1501, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Hospido, Laura & Moreno-Galbis, Eva, 2015. "The Spanish Productivity Puzzle in the Great Recession," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1510, CEPREMAP.
- Hospido, Laura & Moreno-Galbis, Eva, 2015. "The Spanish Productivity Puzzle in the Great Recession," IZA Discussion Papers 8891, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mohamed Amara & AbdelRahmen El Lahga, 2015. "A note on MAR and Jacobs externalities in the Tunisian manufacturing industries," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 151-167, July.
- Andreas, Eder & Bernhard, Mahlberg & Bernhard, Stürmer, 2017. "Measuring and explaining productivity growth of renewable energy producers: An empirical study of Austrian biogas plants," MPRA Paper 79826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bjuggren, Carl Magnus, 2013. "The Effect of Employment Protection Rules on Firm Productivity - A Natural Experiment," HUI Working Papers 82, HUI Research, revised 30 Oct 2013.
- Erdal Atukeren, 2005. "R&D Races and Spillovers between the EU and the US: Some Causal Evidence," KOF Working papers 05-105, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Alexander Murray, 2016. "Partial versus Total Factor Productivity: Assessing Resource Use in Natural Resource Industries in Canada," CSLS Research Reports 2016-20, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Khaled Elmawazini & Gamal Atallah & Sonny Nwankwo & Yazid Dissou, 2013. "US Foreign Affiliates, Technology Diffusion and Host Country Human Development: Human Development Index versus Human Capital," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 69-91, January.
- Jitao Tang & Rosanne Altshuler, 2015.
"The spillover effects of outward foreign direct investment on home countries: evidence from the United States,"
1503, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Jitao Tang & Rosanne Altshuler, 2015. "The Spillover Effects Of Outward Foreign Direct Investment On Home Countries: Evidence From The United States," Departmental Working Papers 201501, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Khaled Elmawazini, 2014. "FDI Spillovers, Efficiency Change and Host Country Labor Productivity: Evidence from GCC Countries," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 42(4), pages 399-411, December.
- Carrera, Leandro N. & Dunleavy, Patrick & Bastow, Simon, 2009. "Understanding productivity trends in UK tax collection," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25532, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Stephen Knowles & P. Dorian Owen, 2002. "Social Divergence and Productivity: Making a Connection," The Review of Economic Performance and Social Progress,in: Andrew Sharpe, Executive Director & France St-Hilaire, Vice-President , Research & Keith Banting, Di (ed.), The Review of Economic Performance and Social Progress 2002: Towards a Social Understanding of Productivity, volume 2 Centre for the Study of Living Standards;The Institutute for Research on Public Policy.
- Basak Dalgic & Burcu Fazlioglu & Deniz Karaoglan, 2014. "Entry to Foreign Markets and Productivity: Evidence from a Matched Sample of Turkish Manufacturing Firms," ERC Working Papers 1403, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised May 2014.
- Andrew Sharpe, 2001. "Productivity Trends in the Construction Sector in Canada: A Case of Lagging Technical Progress," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 3, pages 52-68, Fall.
- Andrew Sharpe & Olivier Guibaud, 2005. "Indicators of Innovation in Canadian Natural Resource Industries," CSLS Research Reports 2005-03, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Tibor Lalinsky, 2013. "Firm competitiveness determinants: results of a panel data analysis," Working and Discussion Papers WP 4/2013, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal Factor Productivity; Labor Productivity; Productivity; Labour; Measurement; Capital Stock; Neoclassical Model; Growth; Data; Comparison; Growth Model;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
- E13 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Neoclassical
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:ipmsls:v:1:y:2000:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSLS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cslssca.html .