Output Persistence and Upside Down Electoral Business Cycles, What Does Really Matter?
This note shows in what circumstances output persistence may invert the pattern of the electoral cycle when inflation expectations are of the adaptive or rational type and the government preferences are quadratic over output and inflation
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Largo dos Colegiais 2, 7000 - 803ÉVORA|
Phone: + 351 266 74 08 94
Fax: + 351 266 74 24 94
Web page: http://www.decon.uevora.pt
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1995.
"Optimal Inflation Targets, 'Conservative' Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1249, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1997. "Optimal Inflation Targets, "Conservative" Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 98-114, March.
- Svensson, L.E.O., 1995. "Optimal Inflation Targets, 'Conservative' Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts," Papers 595, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 1995. "Optimal Inflation Targets, `Conservative' Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts," NBER Working Papers 5251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lockwood, Ben, 1997. "State-Contingent Inflation Contracts and Unemployment Persistence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 286-299, August.
- Jonsson, Gunnar, 1997. "Monetary politics and unemployment persistence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 303-325, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:evo:wpecon:04_2006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Aurora Murcho Galego)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.