Risk-Sharing and Retrading in Incomplete Markets
At a competitive equilibrium of an incomplete-markets economy agents’ marginal valuations for the tradable assets are equalized ex-ante. We characterize the finest partition of the state space conditional on which this equality holds for any economy. This leads naturally to a necessary and sufficient condition on information that would lead to retrade, if such information were to become publicly available after the initial round of trade.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.eui.eu/ECO/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2007.
"Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets,"
2007_25, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2014. "Value Of Information In Competitive Economies With Incomplete Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 55, pages 57-81, 02.
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2007. "Value of information in competitive economies with incomplete markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4749, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2010. "Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp658, Financial Markets Group.
- Rohit Rahi & Piero Gottardi, 2007. "Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp596, Financial Markets Group.
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2010. "Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets," Economics Working Papers ECO2010/34, European University Institute.
- Magill, Michael & Shafer, Wayne, 1991. "Incomplete markets," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 30, pages 1523-1614 Elsevier.
- Geanakoplos, John & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989.
"Real indeterminacy with financial assets,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 22-38, February.
- Paul Milgrom & Nancy L.Stokey, 1979.
"Information, Trade, and Common Knowledge,"
377R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Atsushi Kajii & Antonio Villanacci & Alessandro Citanna, 1998. "Constrained suboptimality in incomplete markets: a general approach and two applications," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 495-521.
- Michael Magill & Martine Quinzii, 2002. "Theory of Incomplete Markets, Volume 1," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262632543, June.
- Lawrence Blume & Tarek Coury & David Easley, 2006. "Information, trade and incomplete markets," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 379-394, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eui:euiwps:eco2012/03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rhoda Lane)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.