Stability of Preference against Aging and Health Shocks: A comparison between Japan and the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker & Casey B. Mulligan, 1997. "The Endogenous Determination of Time Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 729-758.
- Gabriel Picone & Frank Sloan & Donald Taylor, 2004. "Effects of Risk and Time Preference and Expected Longevity on Demand for Medical Tests," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 39-53, January.
- Louise Sheiner & David N. Weil, 1992. "The Housing Wealth of the Aged," NBER Working Papers 4115, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moreira, Bruno & Matsushita, Raul & Da Silva, Sergio, 2010.
"Risk seeking behavior of preschool children in a gambling task,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 794-801, October.
- Moreira, Bruno & Matsushita, Raul & Da Silva, Sergio, 2008. "Risk-seeking behavior of preschool children in a gambling task," MPRA Paper 15516, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kohei Kubota & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2016.
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 57, pages 231-254, February.
- Kohei Kubota & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2009. "Rational consumers," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 09-15, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Kohei Kubota & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2009. "Rational Consumers," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 09-15-Rev, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), revised Jun 2011.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- #HEJC papers for September 2013
by academichealtheconomists in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2013-09-01 04:01:38
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rieger, Matthias, 2015. "Risk aversion, time preference and health production: Theory and empirical evidence from Cambodia," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 1-15.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2013-08-23 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-08-23 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2013-08-23 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:13068. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (KUMAGAI, Akiko). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .