Migration and Labour mobility in the Leather Accessories Manufacture in India
Liberalisation and the policies thereafter have lead to a definite increase in production and export from the leather accessories industry in India. The focus of this paper is on migration and labour mobility in the leather accessories manufacture in Dharavi, Mumbai. The core data for the paper are from field surveys conducted in the industry in Dharavi, Mumbai, in 2000â€“2001, roughly 10 years after the economic reforms of the 1990s were initiated.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-42, March.
- Toru Nakanishi, 1996. "Comparative Study Of Informal Labor Markets In The Urbanization Process: The Philippines And Thailand," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 34(4), pages 470-496, December.
- Prabir C. Bhattacharya, 1996. "The role of the informal sector in structural transformation: Some Indian evidence," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 83-94.
- Cinar, E. Mine, 1994. "Unskilled urban migrant women and disguised employment: Home-working women in Istanbul, Turkey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 369-380, March.
- Chari, Sharad, 2000. "The Agrarian Origins of the Knitwear Industrial Cluster in Tiruppur, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 579-599, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:451. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.