Migration and Labour mobility in the Leather Accessories Manufacture in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Toru Nakanishi, 1996. "Comparative Study Of Informal Labor Markets In The Urbanization Process: The Philippines And Thailand," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 34(4), pages 470-496, December.
- Chari, Sharad, 2000. "The Agrarian Origins of the Knitwear Industrial Cluster in Tiruppur, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 579-599, March.
- Cinar, E. Mine, 1994. "Unskilled urban migrant women and disguised employment: Home-working women in Istanbul, Turkey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 369-380, March.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Prabir C. Bhattacharya, 1996. "The role of the informal sector in structural transformation: Some Indian evidence," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 83-94.
More about this item
Keywordsleather accessories manufacture; labour mobility; Dharavi; Mumbai; leather exports; informal sector; unorganised industry; small-scale industry; small scale industry; Economics; Industry; Sociology;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:451. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .