Decomposing Spatial Differences in Poverty in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dhongde, Shatakshee, 2004. "Decomposing Spatial Differences in Poverty in India," WIDER Working Paper Series 053, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
References listed on IDEAS
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 2002.
"Is India's Economic Growth Leaving the Poor Behind?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 89-108, Summer.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 2002. "Is India's economic growth leaving the poor behind?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2846, The World Bank.
- B. S. Minhas & L. R. Jain & S. M. Kansal & M. R. Saluja, 1987. "On the Choice of Appropriate Consumer Price Indices and Data Sets for Estimating the Incidence of Poverty in India," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 22(1), pages 19-49, January.
- Dreze, Jean & Sen, Amartya, 2002. "India: Development and Participation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199257492.
- Shatakshee Dhongde, 2007. "Measuring the Impact of Growth and Income Distribution on Poverty in India," Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 16(2), pages 25-48, June.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1992. "Growth and redistribution components of changes in poverty measures : A decomposition with applications to Brazil and India in the 1980s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 275-295, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brijesh C. Purohit, 2015. "Health Policy, Inequity and Convergence in India," Working Papers id:7155, eSocialSciences.
- Irina Gerasimova, 2011. "Sources of Income as a Factor of Interregional Social Economic Differentiation of the Russian Population (1995 - 2007 years)," ERSA conference papers ersa10p378, European Regional Science Association.
- S. Mukherji, 2011. "Urban–rural Inequalities in South and South-East Asia: Colonial Policy Impacts and Current Spatial–Economic Disparities," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Urban Policy, Volume 3, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chambers, Dustin & Wu, Ying & Yao, Hong, 2008. "The impact of past growth on poverty in Chinese provinces," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 348-357, August.
- Brijesh C. Purohit, 2012. "Health Policy, Inequity and Convergence in India," Working Papers 2012-074, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
More about this item
Keywordsgrowth; income distribution; poverty; decomposition; India;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .