Imperatives of Regional Economic Integration in Asia in the Context of Developmental Asymmetries: Some Policy Suggestions
Regional economic integration agreements are considered to be important policy mechanisms to address regional developmental asymmetries. The Asian reality is characterized by developmental asymmetries across countries on the one hand and a lack of comprehensive pan-Asian formal regional economic integration agreements on the other. The need for such regional agreements is of paramount importance given the phenomenal economic performance of Asia. [ADBI Working Paper 172]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I P, 2001.
"Growth and Agglomeration,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(4), pages 947-68, November.
- Baumol, William J, 1986. "Productivity Growth, Convergence, and Welfare: What the Long-run Data Show," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1072-85, December.
- Scott, Allen J., 1999. "Regions and the World Economy: The Coming Shape of Global Production, Competition, and Political Order," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296584.
- Cappelen, A. & Castellacci, F. & Fagerberg, J. & Verspagen, B., 2002.
"The Impact of Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union,"
02.14, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Cappelen, A. & Fagerberg, J. & Verspagen, B., 2001. "The Impact of Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union," Working Papers 01.14, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Jan Fagerberg & Aadne Cappelen & Fulvio Castellacci & Bart Verspagen, 2002. "The Impact of regional support on growth and convergence in the European Union," Working Papers 12, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1994.
"Regional Cohesion: Evidence and Theories of Regional Growth and Convergence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1075, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier X., 1996. "Regional cohesion: Evidence and theories of regional growth and convergence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1325-1352, June.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994. "Regional cohesion: Evidence and theories of regional growth and convergence," Economics Working Papers 104, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Istv�n P. Sz�kely & Max Watson, 2007. "Growth and Economic Policy: Are There Speed Limits to Real Convergence?," European Economy - Economic Papers 294, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Kaddour Hadri, 2000.
"Testing for stationarity in heterogeneous panel data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 3(2), pages 148-161.
- Tom Doan, . "HADRI: RATS procedure to implement Hadri test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00084, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kaddour Hadri, 1999. "Testing For Stationarity In Heterogeneous Panel Data," Research Papers 1999_04, University of Liverpool Management School.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997.
"Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development,"
NBER Working Papers
6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999. "Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- Manuel Agosin & Roberto Machado, 2005.
"Foreign Investment in Developing Countries: Does it Crowd in Domestic Investment?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 149-162.
- Manuel R. AGOSIN & Ricardo MAYER, 2000. "Foreign Investment In Developing Countries, Does It Crowd In Domestic Investment?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 146, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Matías Berthelon, 2004. "Growth Effects of Regional Integration Agreements," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 278, Central Bank of Chile.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1991. "Mode of rivalry and comparative behaviour of multinational and local enterprises : The case of Indian manufacturing," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 381-392, April.
- Kaitila, Ville, 2004.
"Integration and Conditional Convergence in the Enlarged EU Area,"
935, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Ville Kaitila, 2005. "Integration and Conditional Convergence in the Enlarged EU Area," Economics Working Papers 031, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Vamvakidis, Athanasios, 1998. "Regional Integration and Economic Growth," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 251-70, May.
- repec:dgr:tuecis:0114 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.