Imperatives of Regional Economic Integration in Asia in the Context of Developmental Asymmetries: Some Policy Suggestions
Regional economic integration agreements are considered to be important policy mechanisms to address regional developmental asymmetries. The Asian reality is characterized by developmental asymmetries across countries on the one hand and a lack of comprehensive pan-Asian formal regional economic integration agreements on the other. The need for such regional agreements is of paramount importance given the phenomenal economic performance of Asia. [ADBI Working Paper 172]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cappelen, A. & Castellacci, F. & Fagerberg, J. & Verspagen, B., 2002.
"The Impact of Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union,"
02.14, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Jan Fagerberg & Aadne Cappelen & Fulvio Castellacci & Bart Verspagen, 2002. "The Impact of regional support on growth and convergence in the European Union," Working Papers 12, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Cappelen, A. & Fagerberg, J. & Verspagen, B., 2001. "The Impact of Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union," Working Papers 01.14, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997.
"Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development,"
NBER Working Papers
6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999. "Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- Manuel R. AGOSIN & Ricardo MAYER, 2000.
"Foreign Investment In Developing Countries, Does It Crowd In Domestic Investment?,"
UNCTAD Discussion Papers
146, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Manuel Agosin & Roberto Machado, 2005. "Foreign Investment in Developing Countries: Does it Crowd in Domestic Investment?," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 149-162.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1991. "Mode of rivalry and comparative behaviour of multinational and local enterprises : The case of Indian manufacturing," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 381-392, April.
- Kaitila, Ville, 2004.
"Integration and Conditional Convergence in the Enlarged EU Area,"
935, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Ville Kaitila, 2005. "Integration and Conditional Convergence in the Enlarged EU Area," Economics Working Papers 031, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Vamvakidis, Athanasios, 1998. "Regional Integration and Economic Growth," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 251-70, May.
- World Bank, 2008. "World Development Indicators 2008," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11855, April.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994.
"Regional cohesion: Evidence and theories of regional growth and convergence,"
Economics Working Papers
104, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier X., 1996. "Regional cohesion: Evidence and theories of regional growth and convergence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1325-1352, June.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1994. "Regional Cohesion: Evidence and Theories of Regional Growth and Convergence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1075, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Martin & Gianmarco Ottaviano, 1996.
"Growth and Agglomeration,"
1996-14, CEPII research center.
- Philippe Martin & Gianmarco Ottaviano, 2001. "Growth and Agglomeration," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00179826, HAL.
- Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 1996. "Growth and Agglomeration," CEPR Discussion Papers 1529, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- István P. Székely & Max Watson, 2007. "Growth and Economic Policy: Are There Speed Limits to Real Convergence?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 294, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Matías Berthelon, 2004. "Growth Effects of Regional Integration Agreements," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 278, Central Bank of Chile.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.