Imperatives of Regional Economic Integration in Asia in the Context of Developmental Asymmetries: Some Policy Suggestions
Regional economic integration agreements are considered to be important policy mechanisms to address regional developmental asymmetries. The Asian reality is characterized by developmental asymmetries across countries on the one hand and a lack of comprehensive pan-Asian formal regional economic integration agreements on the other. The need for such regional agreements is of paramount importance given the phenomenal economic performance of Asia. [ADBI Working Paper 172]
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1991. "Mode of rivalry and comparative behaviour of multinational and local enterprises : The case of Indian manufacturing," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 381-392, April.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999.
"Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development," NBER Working Papers 6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier X., 1996.
"Regional cohesion: Evidence and theories of regional growth and convergence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1325-1352, June.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1994. "Regional Cohesion: Evidence and Theories of Regional Growth and Convergence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1075, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994. "Regional cohesion: Evidence and theories of regional growth and convergence," Economics Working Papers 104, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ville Kaitila, 2005.
"Integration and Conditional Convergence in the Enlarged EU Area,"
Economics Working Papers
031, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Kaitila, Ville, 2004. "Integration and Conditional Convergence in the Enlarged EU Area," Discussion Papers 935, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 1996.
"Growth and Agglomeration,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1529, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Martin & Gianmarco Ottaviano, 1996. "Growth and Agglomeration," Working Papers 1996-14, CEPII research center.
- Philippe Martin & Gianmarco Ottaviano, 2001. "Growth and Agglomeration," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00179826, HAL.
- István P. Székely & Max Watson, 2007. "Growth and Economic Policy: Are There Speed Limits to Real Convergence?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 294, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Vamvakidis, Athanasios, 1998. "Regional Integration and Economic Growth," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 251-270, May.
- Manuel Agosin & Roberto Machado, 2005.
"Foreign Investment in Developing Countries: Does it Crowd in Domestic Investment?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 149-162.
- Manuel R. AGOSIN & Ricardo MAYER, 2000. "Foreign Investment In Developing Countries, Does It Crowd In Domestic Investment?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 146, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Cappelen, A. & Fagerberg, J. & Verspagen, B., 2001.
"The Impact of Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union,"
01.14, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Cappelen, A. & Castellacci, F. & Fagerberg, J. & Verspagen, B., 2002. "The Impact of Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union," Working Papers 02.14, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Jan Fagerberg & Aadne Cappelen & Fulvio Castellacci & Bart Verspagen, 2002. "The Impact of regional support on growth and convergence in the European Union," Working Papers 12, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- World Bank, 2008. "World Development Indicators 2008," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11855, May.
- Matías Berthelon, 2004. "Growth Effects of Regional Integration Agreements," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 278, Central Bank of Chile.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.