Natural Resources and Chronic Poverty in India: A Review of Issues and Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gaiha, Raghav, 1989. "Poverty, Agricultural Production and Prices in Rural India--A Reformulation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 333-352, June.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maler, Karl-Goran, 1995. "Poverty, institutions, and the environmental resource-base," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 39, pages 2371-2463 Elsevier.
- Lipton, Michael, 1980. "Migration from rural areas of poor countries: The impact on rural productivity and income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Raghbendra Jha & Anurag Sharma, 2003. "The Spatial Distribution of Rural Poverty in the Last Three Quinquennial Rounds of NSS," ASARC Working Papers 2003-02, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Kapur Mehta, Aasha & Shah, Amita, 2003. "Chronic Poverty in India: Incidence, Causes and Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 491-511, March.
- Sah, D.C. & Shah, Amita, 2005. "Migration in Remote Tribal Areas: Evidence from Southwestern Madhya Pradesh," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 60(2), pages 1-21.
- Amita Shah & D. C. Sah, 2004. "Poverty among Tribals in South West Madhya Pradesh: has anything changed over time?," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 249-263.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul & Price, Stephen Wheatley, 1996. " Migration Theories and Evidence: An Assessment," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 159-198, June.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural resources; Poverty; India; Dry land; Forest; Tribal;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-08-28 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENV-2010-08-28 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2773. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.