Natural Resources and Chronic Poverty in India: A Review of Issues and Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Raghbendra Jha & Anurag Sharma, 2003. "The Spatial Distribution of Rural Poverty in the Last Three Quinquennial Rounds of NSS," ASARC Working Papers 2003-02, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Gaiha, Raghav, 1989. "Poverty, Agricultural Production and Prices in Rural India--A Reformulation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 333-352, June.
- Kapur Mehta, Aasha & Shah, Amita, 2003. "Chronic Poverty in India: Incidence, Causes and Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 491-511, March.
- Amita Shah & D. C. Sah, 2004. "Poverty among Tribals in South West Madhya Pradesh: has anything changed over time?," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 249-263.
- Sah, D.C. & Shah, Amita, 2005. "Migration in Remote Tribal Areas: Evidence from Southwestern Madhya Pradesh," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 60(2).
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul & Price, Stephen Wheatley, 1996. " Migration Theories and Evidence: An Assessment," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 159-198, June.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maler, Karl-Goran, 1995. "Poverty, institutions, and the environmental resource-base," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 39, pages 2371-2463 Elsevier.
- Lipton, Michael, 1980. "Migration from rural areas of poor countries: The impact on rural productivity and income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, January.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural resources; Poverty; India; Dry land; Forest; Tribal;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-08-28 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENV-2010-08-28 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2773. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .