Price Impact of Block Trades and Price Behavior Surrounding Block Trades in Indian Capital Market
This paper analyzes the permanent (information effect) and temporary (liquidity effect) impact of block trades transacted in the National Stock Exchange of India.[W.P. No. 2010-04-02]
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Madhavan, Ananth, 2000. "Market microstructure: A survey," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 205-258, August.
- Keim, Donald B & Madhaven, Ananth, 1996. "The Upstairs Market for Large-Block Transactions: Analysis and Measurement of Price Effects," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 1-36.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Leftwich, Richard W. & Mayers, David, 1987. "The effect of large block transactions on security prices: A cross-sectional analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 237-267, December.
- Scholes, Myron S, 1972. "The Market for Securities: Substitution versus Price Pressure and the Effects of Information on Share Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 179-211, April.
- Chiraphol N. Chiyachantana & Pankaj K. Jain & Christine Jiang & Robert A. Wood, 2004. "International Evidence on Institutional Trading Behavior and Price Impact," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 869-898, 04.
- Chan, Louis K. C. & Lakonishok, Josef, 1993. "Institutional trades and intraday stock price behavior," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 173-199, April.
- Chan, Louis K C & Lakonishok, Josef, 1995. " The Behavior of Stock Prices around Institutional Trades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1147-1174, September.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-590, July.
- Keim, Donald B. & Madhavan, Ananth, 1997. "Transactions costs and investment style: an inter-exchange analysis of institutional equity trades," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 265-292, December.
- Saar, Gideon, 2001. "Price Impact Asymmetry of Block Trades: An Institutional Trading Explanation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(4), pages 1153-1181.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1985. "Stock price effects and costs of secondary distributions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 165-194, June.
- Frino, Alex & Jarnecic, Elvis & Johnstone, David & Lepone, Andrew, 2005. "Bid-ask bounce and the measurement of price behavior around block trades on the Australian Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 247-262, June.
- Alex Frino & Elvis Jarnecic & Andrew Lepone, 2007. "The determinants of the price impact of block trades: further evidence," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(1), pages 94-106.
- Hamish D. Anderson & Sapphire Cooper & Andrew K. Prevost, 2006. "Block Trade Price Asymmetry and Changes in Depth: Evidence from the Australian Stock Exchange," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 41(2), pages 247-271, 05.
- Alex Frino & Johan Bjursell & George H. K. Wang & Andrew Lepone, 2008. "Large trades and intraday futures price behavior," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(12), pages 1147-1181, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2618. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.