The Nature of Rural Infrastructure: Problems and Prospects
This paper looks at rural infrastructure facilities in India, the lack of which is demonstrated to be an impediment to sustained economic development. It is argued that problems of rural infrastructure provision are different from those of the urban, given the smaller size, density and per capita incomes of rural agglomerations. [NCAER WP 94].
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Röller, Lars-Hendrik & Waverman, Leonard, 2000.
"Telecommunications Infrastructure And Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2399, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lars-Hendrik Roller & Leonard Waverman, 2001. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 909-923, September.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Leonard Waverman, 1996. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CIG Working Papers FS IV 96-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- van de Walle, Dominique, 2002.
"Choosing Rural Road Investments to Help Reduce Poverty,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 575-589, April.
- Van de Walle, Dominique, 2000. "Choosing rural road investments to help reduce poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2458, The World Bank.
- Galal, Ahmed & Nauriyal, Bharat, 1995. "Regulating telecommunications in developing countries : outcomes, incentives, and commitment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1520, The World Bank.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2003.
"An assessment of telecommunications reform in developing countries,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 443-466, December.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2002. "An assessment of telecommunications reform in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2909, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.