New Modes of Governance in the EU: Common Objectives versus National Preferences
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Finnemore, Martha & Toope, Stephen J., 2001. "Alternatives to “Legalization”: Richer Views of Law and Politics," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(03), pages 743-758, June.
- Scharpf, Fritz W., 2002. "The European Social Model: Coping with the challenges of diversity," MPIfG Working Paper 02/8, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- repec:aia:aiaswp:wp10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abbott, Kenneth W. & Snidal, Duncan, 2000. "Hard and Soft Law in International Governance," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(03), pages 421-456, June.
- Eckardt, Martina, 2003. "The Open Method of Co-ordination on Pensions - An Economic Analysis of its Effects on Pension Reforms," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 39, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Burkard Eberlein & Dieter Kerwer, 2004. "New Governance in the European Union: A Theoretical Perspective," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 121-142, February.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:94:y:2000:i:02:p:251-267_22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zeitlin, Jonathan, 2005. "Social Europe and Experimentalist Governance: Towards a New Constitutional Compromise?," European Governance Papers (EUROGOV) 4, CONNEX and EUROGOV networks.
- Nedergaard, Peter, 2005. "The open method of co-ordination and the analysis of mutual learning processes of the European employment strategy," MPRA Paper 33099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bulmer, Simon & Padgett, Stephen, 2005. "Policy Transfer in the European Union: An Institutionalist Perspective," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(01), pages 103-126, January.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:01:p:171-189_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dai, Xinyuan, 2005. "Why Comply? The Domestic Constituency Mechanism," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(02), pages 363-398, April.
- James S. Mosher & David M. Trubek, 2003. "Alternative Approaches to Governance in the EU: EU Social Policy and the European Employment Strategy," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 63-88, March.
- Zeitlin, Jonathan & Trubek, David M. (ed.), 2003. "Governing Work and Welfare in a New Economy: European and American Experiments," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199257171.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nina Mcguinness & Conor O'Carroll, 2010. "Benchmarking Europe's Lab Benches: How Successful has the OMC been in Research Policy?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 293-318, March.
- Eva G. Heidbreder, 2009. "Structuring the European Administrative Space - Channels of EU Penetration and Mechanisms ofNational Change," KFG Working Papers p0005, Free University Berlin.
- Carlos Mendez, 2011. "The Lisbonization of EU Cohesion Policy: A Successful Case of Experimentalist Governance?," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 519-537, March.
- Katharina Zimmermann, 2016. "Local Responses to the European Social Fund: A Cross-City Comparison of Usage and Change," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(6), pages 1465-1484, November.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropeanization; open coordination; governance; policy learning; policy diffusion; deliberative democracy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-28 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:eurogo:p0011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jessica Spiegel). General contact details of provider: http://www.connex-network.org/ .