Female Wages in the Egyptian Textiles and Clothing Industry: Low Pay or Discrimination?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph E. Zveglich Jr. & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers, 2004. "Occupational Segregation and the Gender Wage Gap in a Dynamic East Asian Economy," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 70(4), pages 850-875, April.
- Barry Reilly & Puja Vasudeva Dutta, 2005. "The Gender Pay Gap and Trade Liberalisation: Evidence for India," PRUS Working Papers 32, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Stephanie Seguino, 1997. "Gender wage inequality and export-led growth in South Korea," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 102-132.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huynh, Phu., 2016. "Assessing the gender pay gap in Asia's garment sector," ILO Working Papers 994904713402676, International Labour Organization.
- Ahmed Fayez Abdelgouad, 2014. "Labor Law Reforms and Labor Market Performance in Egypt," Working Paper Series in Economics 314, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- GÃ¼nseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Joseph E. Zveglich, Jr., 2002.
"Does Trade Promote Gender Wage Equity? Evidence from East Asia,"
SCEPA working paper series.
2002-14, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Gunseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Joseph E. Zveglich Jr., 2003. "Does Trade Promote Gender Wage Equity?: Evidence from East Asia," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_373, Levy Economics Institute.
- Maryam Jamielaa, 2018. "Trade openness and female-male earnings differentials: Evidence from Indonesia," Economic Journal of Emerging Markets, Universitas Islam Indonesia, Department of Economics, vol. 10(1), pages 82-92, April.
- Woojin Chung & Jaeyeun Kim & Seung-ji Lim & Sunmi Lee, 2018. "Sex-specific role of education on the associations of socioeconomic status indicators with obesity risk: A population-based study in South Korea," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Taniya Ghosh & Sanika Sulochani Ramanayake, 2018. "Women empowerment and good times: Which one leads to the other?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2018-004, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Adem Y. Elveren, 2014. "Women's labour force participation and pay inequality: evidence from panel cointegration," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(12), pages 862-865, August.
- Bishop, John A. & Grodner, Andrew & Liu, Haiyong & Chiou, Jong-Rong, 2007. "Gender earnings differentials in Taiwan: A stochastic frontier approach," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 934-945, December.
- Günseli Berik & Ebru Kongar, 2011. "Time Use of Mothers and Fathers in Hard Times and Better Times: the U.S. Business Cycle of 2003-2010," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2011_16, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Oscar Molina Tejerina & Luis Castro Peñarrieta, 2020. "Unexplained Wage Gaps in the Tradable and Nontradable Sectors: Cross-Sectional Evidence by Gender in Bolivia," Investigación & Desarrollo 0120, Universidad Privada Boliviana, revised Nov 2020.
- Pooreum Ryu & Dohyeon Kim, 2020. "Moderating effect of gender on the opportunity recognition and entrepreneurial intention," Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, VsI Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center, vol. 8(1), pages 725-740, September.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Tan, Michelle, 2011.
"Noncognitive skills, occupational attainment, and relative wages,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Michelle Tan, 2009. "Noncognitive Skills, Occupational Attainment, and Relative Wages," CEPR Discussion Papers 612, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Tan, Michelle, 2009. "Noncognitive Skills, Occupational Attainment, and Relative Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 4289, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Braunstein, Elissa, 2000.
"Engendering Foreign Direct Investment: Family Structure, Labor Markets and International Capital Mobility,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1157-1172, July.
- Elissa Braunstein, 2000. "Engendering Foreign Direct Investment: Family Structure, Labor Markets, and International Capital Mobility," Published Studies ps10, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Somasree Poddar & Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2016.
"Economic Reforms and Gender-Based Wage Inequality in the Presence of Factor Market Distortions,"
Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 14(2), pages 301-321, December.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Roychowdhury, Somasree, 2014. "Economic Reforms and Gender-based Wage Inequality in the Presence of Factor Market Distortions," MPRA Paper 54111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eric Neumayer & Indra De Soysa, 2007.
"Globalisation, Women's Economic Rights and Forced Labour,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(10), pages 1510-1535, October.
- Eric Neumayer & Indra de Soysa, 2005. "Globalization, Women’s Economic Rights and Forced Labor," Labor and Demography 0509011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Neumayer, Eric & de Soysa, Indra, 2007. "Globalisation, women's economic rights and forced labour," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3053, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Matthias Busse & Christian Spielmann, 2006.
"Gender Inequality and Trade,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 362-379, August.
- Busse, Matthias & Spielmann, Christian, 2004. "Gender Inequality and Trade," HWWA Discussion Papers 308, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Busse, Matthias & Spielmann, Christian, 2005. "Gender Inequality and Trade," Discussion Paper Series 26218, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Spielmann, Christian & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Gender Inequality and Trade," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 8, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Chamarbagwala, Rubiana, 2006. "Economic Liberalization and Wage Inequality in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 1997-2015, December.
- Gunseli Berik, 2000. "Mature Export-Led Growth and Gender Wage Inequality in Taiwan," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 1-26.
- Shaianne T. Osterreich, 2019. "Gender and Comparative Advantage: Feminist–Heterodox Theorizing about Globalization," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-12, May.
- Azam, Mehtabul, 2012.
"Changes in Wage Structure in Urban India, 1983–2004: A Quantile Regression Decomposition,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1135-1150.
- Mehtabul Azam, 2008. "Changes in Wage Structure in Urban India, 1983-2004: A Quantile Regression Decomposition," Departmental Working Papers 0807, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Azam, Mehtabul, 2009. "Changes in Wage Structure in Urban India 1983-2004: A Quantile Regression Decomposition," IZA Discussion Papers 3963, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini & Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2011. "Economic liberalization, gender wage inequality and welfare – a theoretical analysis," MPRA Paper 32954, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Datta Gupta, Nabanita, 2002. "Gender, pay and development: a cross-country analysis," MPRA Paper 15311, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erg:wpaper:633. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/erfaceg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sherine Ghoneim (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/erfaceg.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.