Inequality in crisis and recovery : revealing the divides: the case of the Republic of Korea
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Huynh, Phu & Kapsos, Steven & Kim, Kee Beom & Sziraczki, Gyorgy, 2010. "Impacts of Current Global Economic Crisis on Asia's Labor Market," ADBI Working Papers 243, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Sung Teak Kim, 2010. "Koreaâ€™s Unemployment Insurance in the 1998 Asian Financial Crisis and Adjustments in the 2008 Global Financial Crisis," Working Papers id:3131, eSocialSciences.
- David Grubb & Jae-Kap Lee & Peter Tergeist, 2007. "Addressing Labour Market Duality in Korea," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 61, OECD Publishing.
- Stephanie Seguino, 1997. "Gender wage inequality and export-led growth in South Korea," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 102-132.
- Joonmo Cho & Jaeho Keum, 2009. "Dualism In Job Stability Of The Korean Labour Market: The Impact Of The 1997 Financial Crisis," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 155-175, May.
- Verick, Sher, 2009. "Who Is Hit Hardest during a Financial Crisis? The Vulnerability of Young Men and Women to Unemployment in an Economic Downturn," IZA Discussion Papers 4359, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Sung Teak Kim, 2010. "KoreaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Unemployment Insurance in the 1998 Asian Financial Crisis and Adjustments in the 2008 Global Financial Crisis," Finance Working Papers 22729, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Miguel Nathan Foguel & Ricardo Paes de Barros, 2008. "The Effects of Conditional Cash Transfer Programmes on Adult Labour Supply: An Empirical Analysis Using a Time-Series-Cross-Section," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807211655420, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Sabarwal, Shwetlena & Sinha, Nistha & Buvinic, Mayra, 2010. "How do women weather economic shocks ? a review of the evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5496, The World Bank.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:466165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahn, Taehyun, 2018. "Assessing the effects of reemployment bonuses on job search: A regression discontinuity approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 82-100.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:483583 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goulding, Kristine., 2013. "Gender dimensions of national employment policies : a 24-country study," ILO Working Papers 994843093402676, International Labour Organization.
- Forbes, Kinisha., 2011. "Inequality in crisis and recovery : revealing the divides: the case of Brazil," ILO Working Papers 994698493402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:469849 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ilo:ilowps:484309 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Sungpil., 2015. "The public employment service in the Republic of Korea," ILO Working Papers 994901023402676, International Labour Organization.
- Johanna Schauer, 2018. "Labor Market Duality in Korea," IMF Working Papers 2018/126, International Monetary Fund.
- Goulding, Kristine., 2013. "Gender dimensions of national employment policies : a 24-country study," ILO Working Papers 994835833402676, International Labour Organization.
- Adem Y. Elveren, 2014. "Women's labour force participation and pay inequality: evidence from panel cointegration," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(12), pages 862-865, August.
- Iulian CONDRATOV, 2015. "The Analysis In The Territorial Profile Of The Youth Unemployment From The North-East Region Of Romania," EcoForum, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 4(1), pages 1-24, January.
- GÃ¼nseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Joseph E. Zveglich, Jr., 2002.
"Does Trade Promote Gender Wage Equity? Evidence from East Asia,"
SCEPA working paper series.
2002-14, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Gunseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Joseph E. Zveglich Jr., 2003. "Does Trade Promote Gender Wage Equity?: Evidence from East Asia," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_373, Levy Economics Institute.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0499 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mideros Andrés & O’Donoghue Cathal, 2015.
"The Effect of Unconditional Cash Transfers on Adult Labour Supply: A Unitary Discrete Choice Model for the Case of Ecuador,"
Basic Income Studies, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 225-255, December.
- Mideros, A. & O'Donoghue, C., 2014. "The effect of unconditional cash transfers on adult labour supply: A unitary discrete choice model for the case of Ecuador," MERIT Working Papers 2014-063, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Andrea Pérez & Carlos López & María del Mar García-De los Salmones, 2017. "An empirical exploration of the link between reporting to stakeholders and corporate social responsibility reputation in the Spanish context," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 668-698, March.
- Matthias Busse & Christian Spielmann, 2006.
"Gender Inequality and Trade,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 362-379, August.
- Busse, Matthias & Spielmann, Christian, 2004. "Gender Inequality and Trade," HWWA Discussion Papers 308, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Busse, Matthias & Spielmann, Christian, 2005. "Gender Inequality and Trade," Discussion Paper Series 26218, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Spielmann, Christian & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Gender Inequality and Trade," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 8, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Rafael P. Ribas, 2014. "Liquidity Constraints, Informal Financing, and Entrepreneurship: Direct and Indirect Effects of a Cash Transfer Programme," Working Papers 131, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Bosch, Mariano & Manacorda, Marco, 2012.
"Social policies and labor market outcomes in Latin America and the Caribbean: a review of the existing evidence,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
58003, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mariano Bosch & Marco Manacorda, 2012. "Social Policies and Labor Market Outcomes in Latin America and the Caribbean: A Review of the Existing Evidence," CEP Occasional Papers 32, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Thorin, Maria, 2003. "The gender dimension of economic globalization: an annotated bibliography," Manuales 28, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Chalamwong, Yongyuth & Labor Development Research Team, 2013. "Different Streams, Different Needs and Impacts: Managing International Labor Migration in ASEAN - Thailand (Emigration)," Philippine Journal of Development PJD 2011 Vol. 38 Nos. 1-2, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Barrientos, Armando & Amann, Ed, 2014. "Is there a Brazilian model of development? Are there lessons for countries in Africa?," WIDER Working Paper Series 134, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sergio Firpo & Renan Pieri & Euclides Pedroso Jr. & André Portela Souza, 2014.
"Evidence of eligibility manipulation for conditional cash transfer programs,"
Economia, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 15(3), pages 243-260.
- Firpo, Sergio Pinheiro & Pieri, Renan Gomes de & Pedroso Junior, Euclides & Souza, André Portela Fernandes de, 2013. "Evidence of eligibility manipulation for conditional cash transfer programs," Textos para discussão 352, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- Mayra Buvinic & Monica Das Gupta & Ursula Casabonne & Philip Verwimp, 2013.
"Violent Conflict and Gender Inequality: An Overview,"
The World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 28(1), pages 110-138, February.
- Mayra Buvinic & Monica Das Gupta & Ursula Casabonne & Philip Verwimp, 2012. "Violent Conflict and Gender Inequality: An Overview," Working Papers CEB 12-028, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mayra Buvinic & Monica Das Gupta & Ursula Casabonne & Philip Verwimp, 2012. "Violent Conflict and Gender Inequality: An Overview," HiCN Working Papers 129, Households in Conflict Network.
- Buvinic, Mayra & Das Gupta, Monica & Casabonne, Ursula & Verwimp, Philip, 2013. "Violent conflict and gender inequality : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6371, The World Bank.
- Patrick Belser, 1998. "¿Depende el desempleo en América Latina y el Caribe de las normas laborales de Asia?," Research Department Publications 4133, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
More about this item
Keywordsemployment; unemployment; wage differential; hours of work; women workers; men workers; labour flexibility.; economic recession; economic recovery.; emploi; chômage; disparité des salaires; durée du travail; travailleuses; travailleurs masculins; flexibilité du travail; récession économique; reprise économique; empleo; desempleo; diferencia del salario; horas de trabajo; trabajadoras; trabajadores masculinos; flexibilidad del trabajo; recesión económica; recuperación económica;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:994661653402676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Vesa Sivunen (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.